32nd Division M1 helmet

just-a-good-ole-boy

just-a-good-ole-boy

Hey guys, here is my latest ebay purchase. This helmet belonged to Edward J. “Fritz” Krzmarcik who served in Co. B, 1st Bn., 127th Infantry Regiment of the 32nd Division. He received a battlefield commission, two Purple Hearts (Leyte and Villa Verde Trail) and a Bronze Star. He was career Army and subsequently served with the Big Red One at Fort Riley, and also in Big Delta, Alaska; Battle Creek, Mich.; Fort Devens; Fort Jackson. He returned to civilian life in 1959. He was born 12/8/1917 and died 3/10/1997.

Thanks and enjoy!

Steve

Ahhhhhh, you're the one who scored that :thumbsup: Good to see it went to a good recipient and member. I loved that lid at first glance, and missed out on the final bidding. Sure is a beaut!

Pacific theater paints are pretty hard to come by, and from one heck of a battle proven division! Really nice helmet.

Do you know if he was he prior Wisconsin or Michigan National Guard?

Can't remember what you told me, does it have a matched liner?

Wade

just-a-good-ole-boy
Pacific theater paints are pretty hard to come by, and from one heck of a battle proven division! Really nice helmet.

Do you know if he was he prior Wisconsin or Michigan National Guard?

Can't remember what you told me, does it have a matched liner?

Wade

He was Wisconsin National Guard, and it has no liner. This is a different one than the one wes spoke about ;) .

Steve

Saskatoon Light Infantry
post-2533-1270911690.jpg

post-2533-1270911699.jpg

Congratulations Steve! ! ! The 32nd Division M1 is a great addition to your collection :thumbsup: and you don't see them very often.

just-a-good-ole-boy
Why is the officer bar red? Gas paint?

This is only speculation on my part, but I would assume that there wasnt much white paint used in the PTO, due to the ever so deadly Japanese snipers.

Hello sir, I am the grandson of Edward J. “Fritz” Krzmarcik. My family even referred to me as "Little Fritz". We have searched for this helmet for years since it was accidentally given to the "Sisters of Perpetual Giving" who sold it in a rummage sale to help starving children in Wisconsin. I'm sure you can understand why I believe that this helmet needs to be repatriated, not only to the family but, also to the good citizens of Wisconsin who have so much vested in the 32nd Infantry Division. I promise, I will even have a little plaque made and have it displayed with the helmet giving you full credit for finding this highly valuable and historical family heirloom. I appeal to your benevolent and kind hearted spirit. Please PM me and I'll get my address to you so you can mail this to me as soon as possible. You truly are a good and kind person!

Did I convince you? :rolleyes:

Hello sir, I am the grandson of Edward J. “Fritz” Krzmarcik. My family even referred to me as "Little Fritz". We have searched for this helmet for years since it was accidentally given to the "Sisters of Perpetual Giving" who sold it in a rummage sale to help starving children in Wisconsin. I'm sure you can understand why I believe that this helmet needs to be repatriated, not only to the family but, also to the good citizens of Wisconsin who have so much vested in the 32nd Infantry Division. I promise, I will even have a little plaque made and have it displayed with the helmet giving you full credit for finding this highly valuable and historical family heirloom. I appeal to your benevolent and kind hearted spirit. Please PM me and I'll get my address to you so you can mail this to me as soon as possible. You truly are a good and kind person!

Geez, you almost convinced me to send you a helmet... :lol:

just-a-good-ole-boy

Thats almost funny :mellow: His daughter has posted on a couple of 32nd Div. websites trying to find more info on his service. It is only a matter of time before she probably finds out about this helmet, so I have thought about contacting her. This is how I found so much info om his service. What do you guys think i should do? Especially you "Little Fritz" :lol:

Steve

Thats almost funny :mellow: His daughter has posted on a couple of 32nd Div. websites trying to find more info on his service. It is only a matter of time before she probably finds out about this helmet, so I have thought about contacting her. This is how I found so much info om his service. What do you guys think i should do? Especially you "Little Fritz" :lol:

Steve

This woman is obviously an impostor since we did not see her at the last "Little Fritz" family reunion. :lol:

Seriously, it can be both a good thing and a bad thing to contact veterans families. You could potentially open up a Pandora's box or develop a wonderful contact. It's your call.

No one in Wisconsin ever looks like they are starving.....................

No one in Wisconsin ever looks like they are starving.....................

Its the cheese, it gives a false impression of well fed people of Europen decent.

just-a-good-ole-boy
Its the cheese, it gives a false impression of well fed people of Europen decent.

Now thats funny! :lol:

Ken_Carroll

Those Wisconsinites are overfed and full of, well, they are just full! The truth is I am the real grandson of dear old Fritz, and I can tell you stories of his service that would turn your Alabama hair WHITE! I remember one especially, "It was a hot day at Tarawa................................. :lol:

Ken_Carroll

Seriously, I'm glad you got it and I am also glad I didn't get into the bidding. I would not have wanted to drive up the price on you. Good catch! :thumbsup:

Moonlight Gecko

Looks like a nice lid.

Do you know if he was in the National guard after WWII? I have seen several other 32nd helmets over the years with similar markings to this one that were used Post WWII/occupation, when the 32nd Infantry Division was de-activated and again became the Wisconsin National Guard after it's return to the US.

Here are pictures of one that was ended early from ebay a little while ago.

post-339-1270952554.jpg

post-339-1270952560.jpg

post-339-1270952620.jpg