Early M7 Grenade Launcher

Latewatch

I have been looking for an Early Style M7 Grenade Launcher for several years now and was finally able to close a deal on one today. Of the almost 800,000 M7's made only about 35,000 were of this early style with the removable lock nut.

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

This now completes my collection of M7 Launchers

RGDisplay040.jpg

Latewatch

Thank you, it is obvious that a great deal of time and work went into that display.

I know Ricca has some good information on the M7 Grenade Launcher, are you going to do an article (or have you already) for one of the collectors groups???

45B20

That's quite the collection.

Whats usually difference in price of on of these rarer grenade launchers compared the generic one? Just curious.

45B20:

Thanks for the kind words. I have not done any articles but I have contemplated doing one about one of my unusual launchers. There is a fellow collector friend of mine that is currently finishing up research with the hope of publishing a book on US grenade launchers in the near future.

David:

Rifle Grenade Launchers are obviosly a niche market and the price can vary quite a bit based on the specific collector's desire. The more rare or hard to find items can bring quite a bit more then the usual stuff when you can find it.