So What kind of BAR accesories do you have?

Fly USMC

It pays to be nice.

My wife doesen't like our kids to have to much candy. Since the Easter Bunny and various relatives brought a bunch over this past week I took some to work and gave it out. One guy that I don't know to well got some and I was happy to give it out.

That was Monday. Well today, I went buy his work space said hello and went about what I was there for in the first place. He knew that I collected Mitaria saw that I was still in the area and came buy to ask me a question. He asked me what BAR accesories I had. I mentioned that I had a vintage belt and some magazines. He asked If I might be interested in a scale replica. I was thinking he might have had something small desktop size.

He pulled out and gave, yes gave me a very large Cut away BAR. These were used as training aids to teach marines how the insides of various weapons functioned (in this case a BAR).

post-5056-1270705316.jpg

post-5056-1270705324.jpg

post-5056-1270705331.jpg

post-5056-1270705342.jpg

post-5056-1270705351.jpg

I saw one at a military show two weeks ago. The asking price was $1000 but it moved between dealers so likely involved some trading. The new owner complained he'd sold most of his BAR items recently but would have kept them if he'd known he'd find one of these.

uhhh, what kind of workplace is it where a guy just happens to have a BAR stashed in his stuff?

But that is one seriouly cool item.

A friend picked up a trainer recently.Those things are HUGE.What a display piece for a collection. :thumbsup:

Wow!! These kind of things never happen to me! Congratulations on an amazing acquisition!

Sabrejet :thumbsup:

Man, that is a nice training cutaway. Outta all the WWII weapons cutaways to have that would be the one except for a 1928A1 thompson maybe........... if one exists. I'd pass out candy where I work but, the only thing I would get in return is a broom to clean up the wrappers that were left on the floor. Seriously though, very nice. :thumbsup: Thanks for the post......