MAINTENANCE MANUAL FOR WILLYS TRUCK 1942

Escht

25 yrs since I had a Jeep so completely out of touch with repro and original manuals...... any ideas if they did a repro of this manual....... seen plenty of repros with Change No.1 May 1942 but not with this date of October 1942........

post-2662-1270650119.jpg

Many thanks for any help

Kev

Wow, no repros I have seen with an October date!! My 1513 is dated 15APR42 its a repro. Hope this helps out.

Brandon

Wow, no repros I have seen with an October date!! My 1513 is dated 15APR42 its a repro. Hope this helps out.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon,

Still haven't found any repros with October date.......... anyone else out there have any info.

Kevin

Nope, no paper ones, anyway. Plenty of folks have been scanning originals of various manuals and TMs (or stealing them from other websites) and making CD-ROMs of them on eBay, and one might be in there but I'd doubt it.

• 4 weeks later...
25 yrs since I had a Jeep so completely out of touch with repro and original manuals...... any ideas if they did a repro of this manual....... seen plenty of repros with Change No.1 May 1942 but not with this date of October 1942........

post-2662-1270650119.jpg

Many thanks for any help

Kev

Update on the Jeep manual........ found out today that it is in fact a repro manual made in the late 70's, although it looks good it has open edge spine when it should in fact be a wrap around cover ( look at any US manual to see what I mean by that.....) thanks to all who tried to help on this one......

• 1 year later...

Came across this post whilst researching old posts.

Here are my repro copies, all acquired from Metamet in London. At left is my "working" manual purchased 1978 when I was restoring my 1944 GPW. Centre is my friends manual bought 1977 while he was restoring his second GPW, and right is my "Study" copy bought in 1982, along with the Metamet brochure.

Having taken things at face value all these years, I looked deeper. I hadn't appreciated the significance that all manuals which have 136 pages have the October dated front cover, while the inner title page has the date of May 15, 1942.

The quality of print varies and the Study copy is darker in the images. Interesting that p.17, 19, 21 & 22 of the Study copy covering the engine have different images which shows the "C" springs on the tappets. These images were in TM 10-1103 for the Willys MA.

post-13573-1321104531.jpg

• 5 years later...

post-2662-0-64030500-1481469890.jpgpost-2662-0-05666200-1481469905.jpg

So, 6 years later and up pops another Willys Jeep Manual.......... now this one has a date for April 15 1942 on the cover and also on the title page. Has 136 pages numbered then another small section at end titled Instructions for Unpacking and Assembly of Vehicle...................... so is this another version of a reprint ?