a few female uniforms from my freinds collection

kyhistorian01

kyhistorian01

Here are a few of my freind William's female uniforms. He recently unpacked them from a move and I thought I would share some of them with you as he doesn't have a computer. Enjoy.

Robert

Pic's 1 & 2 A Navy uniform and a Civil Defense Shirt

post-6492-1270601060.jpg

post-6492-1270601077.jpg

Great Robert!

Your friend have a excellent collection ;) I like the navy shirt, can you tell me the period during it used, please ?

Great Robert!

Your friend have a excellent collection ;) I like the navy shirt, can you tell me the period during it used, please ?

They were pahsed out in 1975. I'm not sure when they were introduced, some time in the 1950s I think. I always thought it was one of the best looking uniforms of the times. There was a matching skirt, garrison cap and combination hat cover. I actually had a friend who was an HN (E-3 Hospital Corpsman) like the uniform shown when the uniform was dropped. She eventually went on to retire as a Chief Corpsman and beat breast cancer. Great unfirm, thank your friend for sharing.

Steve Hesson

They were pahsed out in 1975. I'm not sure when they were introduced, some time in the 1950s I think. I always thought it was one of the best looking uniforms of the times. There was a matching skirt, garrison cap and combination hat cover. I actually had a friend who was an HN (E-3 Hospital Corpsman) like the uniform shown when the uniform was dropped. She eventually went on to retire as a Chief Corpsman and beat breast cancer. Great unfirm, thank your friend for sharing.

Steve Hesson

thanks for reply to my question Steve! :thumbsup:

And I'm totally agree with you about this uniform! ;) Is a happy coincidence to see a uniform like your friend uniform. Your friend are strong woman for beat his breast cancer :thumbsup:

Thierry