A couple of gear displays

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next display is a modified DCU with Ranger Body Armor with a Tactical Tailor chest rig. The RBA is the second model with the pockets on the front and back for the plates.

036.JPG

Always looking for US and foreign militaria from the Central American wars circa 1970-1990

donation2017.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Up next is a 173rd Airborne FRACU set with a Black Ops Corporation ACU chest rig. The Black Ops Corporation pieces are not the best quality and have been referred to as 'disposable" by many soldiers I have talked to. As you can see, the chest rig has seen better days.

040.JPG

Always looking for US and foreign militaria from the Central American wars circa 1970-1990

donation2017.gif

The last one for tonight is probably one of my favorites. As you may know, the US Special Forces have been going back to woodland BDU type uniforms while on operations or training missions with the Afghan National Army Commandos. The ANA Commandos almost exclusively use woodland uniforms, so USSF soldiers wear the woodland uniforms to blend in better with the troops they are advising. Many times, the SF soldiers will wear a combination of US and Afghan patches.

This display consists of an Afghan made woodland uniform with ANA Commando patches and Afghan flag worn on the left sleeve. On the right sleeve is worn an IR US flag. Over top of the uniform is worn a Diamondback plate carrier in tan. Over that is worn a black assault vest made by "A. Qahir Brief Case Maker Kandahar Afghanistan".

The zipper has a grenade pin pull to help with fastening and the two side pockets have 550 cord for pulls.

The red Punisher skull is something that ANA Commandos wear to indicate they are "field operatives", meaning they are in the field doing missions.

037.JPG

donation2017.gif

Here is an actual picture of a USSF soldier in the field with ANA Commandos. Notice the mixture of US and ANA patches.

9hjexu10.jpg

donation2017.gif

Neat stuff!

How does one come across an Afghan made black assault vest? Seems like a rather obscure item here in the U.S....

Keep digging things up, as your posts always give me something new to look for!

Obscure? Yes. They are more common than you might think though. You have to just sort through all the junk and look at tags. Occasionally, you can find a real gem.

One thing nice about the black vest is that the ANA and ANP use it as well. Got several of those uniforms too.

donation2017.gif

Up next is a 173rd Airborne FRACU set with a Black Ops Corporation ACU chest rig. The Black Ops Corporation pieces are not the best quality and have been referred to as 'disposable" by many soldiers I have talked to. As you can see, the chest rig has seen better days.

I'm liking this set up! :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

My wife bought this one for me as a Christmas gift. I marked a few items I was interested in and she bought them for me. Got love a wife that buys you militaria as presents.

Anyway, this is a heavily used, spray painted, and modified Blackhawk Commando chest rig. This rig is green, but has been sprayed with tan spray paint for desert environments.

Unfortunately, the straps are missing. I would assume that either the straps were worn out or the soldier/sailor transferred the straps to a new vest, since this one is heavily used. If anyone knows where I can get some straps in green or tan, please let me know.

001.JPG

donation2017.gif

Interesting to note as well is that the back of the rig has had velcro strips sewn/glued to the back. I was thinking these could have been used to help secure the rig to a vest with velcro on the front. Three vests come to mind being the PBPV I/II series vests, the PACA Low Vis vests, and the DA(Direct Action) Trauma vest. Any thoughts? Any idea on time period of manufacture or use? I was thinking early OEF for use.

002.JPG

donation2017.gif

Also, the rig has also had two extra buckles sewn onto the sides for and extra strap. Looks like it would have been a strap that would have went around the middle back area.

003.JPG

donation2017.gif

• 1 month later...

Early SOE Medical Vest with 2001 dated buckles. This vest is fully loaded and has the following items: IV bag, needles, scalpels, bandages, splints, etc. This vest was used by USAF Pararescue.

001.JPG

donation2017.gif