USMC MP WW2 brassard armband

usmc-collector

usmc-collector

finaly I found one nice USMC world war II military police armband, made of dark blue wool, usmc pattern has dots between letters compared to army one, this type is described in 1937 usmc uniform regulations, also attach photo of marines wearing this type of armband in 1946, does anyone know exact year when marines changed armband collors from blue/white to red/yellow? thanks JAROSLAV

post-31-1270512657.jpg

post-31-1270512664.jpg

Very nice example and a great photograph to accompany it :thumbsup: . Do you have other USMC MP items and are you putting a display together? If so, we'd love to see what else you have. Am I correct in thinking these MPs would have been issued M1911/M1911A1 pistols or would they have carried the Model 1917 revolver made by Colt or Smith & Wesson?

Tim

see this color photos, with MP of the 1st div in Korea in 1953 with red/yellow armband but also with point like WWII

post-1723-1270576247.jpg

LOLUSMC

usmc-collector
Very nice example and a great photograph to accompany it :thumbsup: . Do you have other USMC MP items and are you putting a display together? If so, we'd love to see what else you have. Am I correct in thinking these MPs would have been issued M1911/M1911A1 pistols or would they have carried the Model 1917 revolver made by Colt or Smith & Wesson?

Tim

Tim,

here is USMC MP gear from 1960s era. I try to collect together marine MP gear and photos for all periods from WW2 to present, still missing lot of items.

LOL thank you for photo. I have other photos of marine MPs in Korea which I think are from same source.

JAROSLAV

post-31-1270909623.jpg

• 2 months later...

Yesterday I crawled underneath a house to get to some trunks the home owner said had been there since she bought the house 20 years ago! Actually I did not quite crawl as you could kind bend over, scrunch down and move about through, the darkness, the spider webs and dust (the "floor" was dirt). One trunk lid was open, but the others were still shut tight and there were some surprises when I got them out (I had to put the contents in bags, carry those out and then come back for the empty trunks). It was a dirty nasty task, but when I got home and unloaded the bags on the floor of my garage there were more surprises that I had not noticed under the house(including a nice WWII tanker jacket).

But this one was the coolest surprise: the white belt had been stored away in a long cloth tube and is still in excellent condition, as is the MP brassard and the lanyard.

mp1.jpg

mp2.jpg

mp3.jpg

These China Marine MP's are armed with carbines while on duty in Tsingtao. Jim

forum_chinamp_4mps.jpg

Wouldn't you love to find one of those helmets!

craig_pickrall

This is from a USMC Tour Book dated 1954. The unit was in Japan at the time.

post-5-1276212756.jpg

post-5-1276212764.jpg

craig_pickrall

This is from SPEARHEAD Vol 3 dated 1946 while on occupation duty in Japan.

post-5-1276212905.jpg

post-5-1276212933.jpg

post-5-1276212978.jpg

post-5-1276212987.jpg

craig_pickrall

Ist USMC DIV MP's with painted helmets. The DIV insignia is between the M and P.

post-5-1276214306.jpg

post-5-1276214313.jpg

post-5-1276214319.jpg

post-5-1276214325.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...