Desert Storm

arnipunk

Hello to all of you, i would like to show you my impression but i still didn't manage how to post photos:( At the moment i can only post a link to my gallery(just 4 photos but i would like to know what do you think)

Visit My Website

Still trying to upload photos, hope it's gonna work, i deleted my gallery from the link in the first post

post-8361-1270578036.jpg

Background doesn't match because i didn't find any desert around :lol:

I should use m16a2 but at the moment i haven't got one, also the waistbelt in the alice pack isn't correct

msgt norway

us army reserve and other national guards did use the m16a2 in the

first desert storm so its not wrong :thumbsup:

btw do you have the nigth desert pants to?

i have a spare sett of trousers if you want to trade in something ?

cheers ken

desert1.jpg

Well done! How easy is it to source this GI stuff in Poland? Do you have to rely upon imports bought via the internet?

Sabrejet :thumbsup:

Well done! How easy is it to source this GI stuff in Poland? Do you have to rely upon imports bought via the internet?

Sabrejet :thumbsup:

There are many collectors in Poland so it's not so difficult to find gear, I usually buy via internet but in Poland, sometimes during some collectors and reenactors events. The most important stuff to find at the moment is m17 gas mask and genuine 6colour DCU's

All the best :thumbsup:

us army reserve and other national guards did use the m16a2 in the

first desert storm so its not wrong :thumbsup:

btw do you have the nigth desert pants to?

i have a spare sett of trousers if you want to trade in something ?

cheers ken

desert1.jpg

I haven't got pants, i'm looking for a pair, i wear small reg, med reg is ok as well

All the best

the ones i have was large regular... amybe to big ?

cheers ken

definitely too big, what a pity :(

msgt norway

here is one on ebay,its world wide shipping

item number:160419011467

there was a few more trousers,not so high prices :thumbsup:

cheers ken

here is one on ebay,its world wide shipping

item number:160419011467

there was a few more trousers,not so high prices :thumbsup:

cheers ken

Thanks a lot :D but it will be easier for me to buy it in Poland, i haven't got a credit card :( . Sometimes such a pants appears here so i will get it sooner or later

• 4 weeks later...
Francis Marion
Cool pictures! Nice to see more guys from Poland here.

I keep seeing flashlights mounted on the right shoulder in these impression photos. It was a common practice by REMFs but no experienced infantryman would have a bulky item like that on their firing shoulder.

snake36bravo
I haven't got pants, i'm looking for a pair, i wear small reg, med reg is ok as well

All the best

I've got access to some trousers if you need them. There are dead stock though with no wear. PM Me. I'll see what I can do for you.

snake36bravo
I keep seeing flashlights mounted on the right shoulder in these impression photos. It was a common practice by REMFs but no experienced infantryman would have a bulky item like that on their firing shoulder.

I agree. In 8 years of Infantry the only time I ever used mine was in AIT. Other than that I carried a pen light. If you look at photos of DS though you will see these being worn prior to the proverbial hitting the fan when we went over the wire.

Also, just wanted to add those are both nice impressions and I'm not knocking them at all.

All the best

I wouldn't worry all that much about not having night desert overtrousers. To the best of my recollection, the night desert trousers were seldom worn during Desert Storm....I had the parka (still have it) but was never even issued the trousers as SOCCENT.

Background doesn't match because i didn't find any desert around :lol:

Well, northern Iraq was considerably more green than central and south. You could call it northern Iraq and probably get away with it. :thumbsup:

pwmiraldi67

Very nice impression!! A+ for effort!! glad to see your impressions improving!!

also glad to see more collectors from Poland! My heart goes out to all the Poles on the loss of your president and 1st lady!! hope you all can rest assured that many in the world have you all in their prayers!!!

thanks

paul

I wouldn't worry all that much about not having night desert overtrousers. To the best of my recollection, the night desert trousers were seldom worn during Desert Storm....I had the parka (still have it) but was never even issued the trousers as SOCCENT.

I disagree whole-heartedly! In my unit, the night camo trousers were widely worn- as pajama pants! :w00t: Seriously!

That being said, I never saw them worn with the night parka, which we wore all of the time WITH the parka liner. It got cold at night, especially in January and February.

Allan