WWII Shirts Army and USMC (Not HBT)

rambob

Took a few pictures of the basic two shirts issued for the Army and the basic two shirts issued for the Marines during WWII. Shown are the USMC Khaki, cotton shirt and the USMC, Wool shirt. Both are mint, but the wool shirt carrys the complete compliment of cutters tags. Note the pointy flaps on the shirt breast pockets, typical of USMC issued shirts. The Army shirts are the Khaki, cotton version and also the O.D. Flannel shirt.

I guess these shirts are really nothing special, but in somewhat special condition.

First, is the USMC Wool shirt, front, back and tag.

Bob

post-299-1270264564.jpg

post-299-1270264579.jpg

craig_pickrall

So, you have been in the cave again haven't you? It is a real shame you couldn't find any of those in really nice condition.

Thanks for posting those, it will answer questions for a lot of the newer collectors. Very nice!

General Apathy
Took a few pictures of the basic two shirts issued for the Army and the basic two shirts issued for the Marines during WWII. Shown are the USMC Khaki, cotton shirt and the USMC, Wool shirt. Both are mint, but the wool shirt carrys the complete compliment of cutters tags. Note the pointy flaps on the shirt breast pockets, typical of USMC issued shirts. The Army shirts are the Khaki, cotton version and also the O.D. Flannel shirt.

I guess these shirts are really nothing special, but in somewhat special condition.

Bob

Hi Bob, nice shirts always good to see decent labels and the information on them. ;) :thumbsup:

Have you ever tried this line, ' Hey honey I want to take some shots of these few shirts to post on the forum, before I do would you run an iron over them to take out the creases '. :w00t: :lol:

Cheers Lewis

Ken and Craig, as always thanks for the kind words!! It was beautiful weather yesterday to go spelunking into the old cave so grabbed my gear and away I went. The only problem I have is evading the vicious guard rabbit that lives there. I almost had to use my "Holy Hand Grenade" this time. The bunny gets really active and anxious around Easter. I took the picture below while it was red eyed, trying to decide whether to attack me or give me an Easter egg. Notice the nice Melton Wool Coat and 5 button sweater, nesting site it has made in the cave.

BTW. Here are a couple more tags, one for another Army Flannel shirt and I not so nice label for a USMC Wool shirt.

Bob

post-299-1270296760.jpg

post-299-1270296852.jpg

post-299-1270296862.jpg

Very nice shirts. I always like that unissued stuff. Just be sure you store the Marine wool shirt very carefully, as moths seem to think they are a delicacy, as I've sadly found out. :crying:

Steve

craig_pickrall

That guard bunny will give you a lot more surprises than just eggs. Well no matter, after Sunday you will be able to have rabbit stew. The Holy Hand Grenade will do wonders on tenderizing the bunny meat too.

Steve, I realize that moths are the "Moth"er of all risks to wool items. I have my collection stored under plastic sheeting and shut off from the rest of the house in an enviromentally controlled room and so far have been lucky, no moths. The only flying nuisances I have in my "Cave", just ask Craig, are bats and the guano bombs they leave me. LOL.

Bob

• 6 years later...