Unmarked Navy Wings deserve more respect

Wiendolch

Since i started out collecting i have seen unmarked wings as a equal to the maker marked wings for the reason being the detail. I own two unmarked wings with another on the way and i must say they are every bit as nice as the unmarked wings except balfour IMO that's another story. The unmarked wings show great detail if i were to set them side by side to the maker marked wings it would be hard to tell the quality put into them . They deserve more respect and admiration in my book and i would not pass one by if i did not have that type, even if i did i would still consider adding it to my collection if it had a different clasp configuration or finish.

This is the first unmarked wing i bought it's one of my favorites it has alot of the original lacquer finish on the reverse and great detail to the obverse.

Eric

post-10008-1270244832.jpg

post-10008-1270245344.jpg

Here is my second unmarked wing that just came in last week i love the satin finish on the reverse and the detail on the obverse is nice. I'm kinda glade i started out with the unmarked wings first or i would have never appreciated them as much as i do.

post-10008-1270245621.jpg

post-10008-1270245677.jpg

Wein,

I agree. One of my favorites is a solid backed Navy, marked 1/20 10kt Sterling.

Do you like AAF as well, or strickly Navy wings?

Wein,

I agree. One of my favorites is a solid backed Navy, marked 1/20 10kt Sterling.

Do you like AAF as well, or strickly Navy wings?

Hey Bob,

Glade to talk to you on the phone and get to know another member.

As mentioned over the phone i like AAF but my addiction is the Navy wings just beautiful IMO. That said those 2" AAF wings you have are stunning, never seen a mint one before 2" or 3".

Eric

Hey Bob,

Glade to talk to you on the phone and get to know another member.

As mentioned over the phone i like AAF but my addiction is the Navy wings just beautiful IMO. That said those 2" AAF wings you have are stunning, never seen a mint one before 2" or 3".

Eric

Eric,

It's nice to share a common interest with this hobby. It's also kinda cool that we are about 3 1/2 - 4 hours apart in distance. Thanks for your help by the way. For a newbie on the subject of AAF wings, you seem to have done your homework. I'm going to take your advice and go that direction. It seems logical and I would have never thought of it that way. A good way to keep your guard up. Thanks again Eric ~ PM me or shoot me an email.

Bob

Wingcommander

I am in agreement. Unmarked wings are just as beautiful as their marked counterparts, I have several. Wings....there is no finer hobby

I am in agreement. Unmarked wings are just as beautiful as their marked counterparts, I have several. Wings....there is no finer hobby

I love your Avitar

I like the variations of the unmarked wings even from the same maker one like the first picture sold on ebay reciently but it had 1/20 GF marking on the reverse and later clasp.

Eric