Mills pistol belt, 1913

MattOravik

I just picked up this bad boy from one of my favorite online shops. A nice early Mills pistol belt without magazine snap and dated 1913. Now I have both mounted and dismounted versions.

-Matt.

post-137-1270224249.jpg

post-137-1270224268.jpg

Now I wish I would've kept my 4 pocket pistol belt :( I would've had 3 mills pistol belts dated sequentially. The pocket belt was dated 1912, this dismounted is dated 1913 and my mounted version is dated 1914.

-Matt.

Hey Matt, dont you remember that old lesson by Webcat (Carter Rila) about sabre hanger on pistol belts? They are for NCOs not for mounted people.

And if I remember well the hanger was shipped separately and field assembled depending on demands.

Hey Matt, dont you remember that old lesson by Webcat (Carter Rila) about sabre hanger on pistol belts? They are for NCOs not for mounted people.

And if I remember well the hanger was shipped separately and field assembled depending on demands.

No I really don't remember that. But I know now. :thumbsup:

Nice belt sir, what military store did you pick that beauty up at? Is the belt kacki or light od green? thanks, david.

Nice belt sir, what military store did you pick that beauty up at? Is the belt kacki or light od green? thanks, david.

Thanks. It's light OD. I got it at warrelics.

-Matt.

Here is a comparison of the two. The NCO belt has a greener color and the enlisted is more drab.

-Matt.

post-137-1270266371.jpg