WWII KIA Purple Heart with Certs

Niblet

Gentlemen,

hello, Its my first post on this nice forum,,I am an avid German WWII collector,, I am a member of several other WWII forums,,

I joined here because my intrest in US items,,particularly groupings, is growing.

here is a recently obtained named KIA PH with certificate and presidential accolade,,also there was some kind of large religious certificate (Jewish I think)

The soldier is buried in France.

The certificates are getting professionaly framed with a gold trim with a purple stripe and black frame,,should look awesome,,

I will post pics when I get them, I would like to thank Tom,,from the PH website,He helped me when I asked him a question ,,as I found his site the day after I got the grouping,,

here is the way i got the grouping:

post-11001-1270208966.jpg

Also there was a Bible which he gave to his parents the month before he died,,he was only in the service for about 9 months,,

post-11001-1270209517.jpg

Niblet.

A really nice grouping you have there. I especially like medals that come with the telegrams and certificate etc. It somehow makes it more personal and gives more of an understanding of what the telegram recipients must have gone through.

Rob

p.s Can you show us a pic of the engraving??

Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing this beautiful grouping!

I love all the paperwork, and for me having a photo of the soldier is a real benefit.

Yes I plan to write the cemetary for a picture of the gravesite to put in a display

And someday I hope to visit it in person