145th Bentonville event

Kration

Here's a change from the usual WW2 topics.. We just had the 145th Bentonville event down here in North Carolina and what a blast it was being able to participate !

Kration

post-107-1270074700.jpg

That's always a fun event, as long as it's not School of the Soldier! My unit was there, and although I couldn't go, they sent me some great pics.

Gary

How come that US flag is in such a state of disrepair?

I am guessing the flag(s) are portraying battle damage and use.

RD

I saw some photos of that event on the Liberty Rifles's website. Did you guys actually dig that trench with your canteen halves or had the ground been "prepared" prior to the event? In whichever case, the scenario of digging in must have impressed the crowd and the Rebs!

John McP

I saw some photos of that event on the Liberty Rifles's website. Did you guys actually dig that trench with your canteen halves or had the ground been "prepared" prior to the event? In whichever case, the scenario of digging in must have impressed the crowd and the Rebs!

John McP

We deployed out on the field and were told the Rebs are coming ! ! ! "Entrench" as quickly as possible...

In about 25 min we managed to dig a fairly decent trench several hundred yards long and about 3 ft deep using only our hands, cups, & tin mess pans.. some Federal units had a few spades but the majority used their mess gear.. To see and be a part of 800+ Federals slinging all that dirt was quite exceptional...

Kration

Some units proudly displayed battleflags that were really just tattered remnants-the Colorbearers always went out front, and were a focal point for the rifle fire of the enemy.