I found Tank parts on Battelfield

kloss

Hallo

I was today on battelfield the 10th Armored Division and found this tank parts .

The history : on this place has a one battle group destroyed us tank platoon .

Can you help me what is that parts ? From what tank ?

Michael

post-4781-1269983903.jpg

ff(post #14)

Appears to be a tool used to join the tracks back together(sorry I don't know the specific name).

Asd(post #3)

Appears to be a very rusted M1 bayonet.

Chris

DwightPruitt
ff

That's a track jack. The jaws fit over the studs of individual track sections, drawing them together so end connectors can be installed.

That's a track jack. The jaws fit over the studs of individual track sections, drawing them together so end connectors can be installed.

Dwight is correct. An old Pickles tanker who knows his stuff.

Mike

2-32 Outlaws

Asd(post #3)

Appears to be a very rusted M1 bayonet.

Chris

I'm sorry Chris; M1 bayonets do not have metal parts that would stick out of the side of the "handle."

I *think* that #13 is a grouser - the extensions put on the exterior side of Sherman track to reduce ground pressure on soft terrain.

Also, I concur with Chris about the very rusty M1 bayonet in post 3. The US-style eye-ring is a dead ringer.

Steve

13 i think is from a Stuart #6 is from a Sherman m18 m10 m36 m39 and the rest of the tanks that use the same track

Where did you find these? Seeing your post reminds me of being at La Fiere causeway and rolling my ankle on a rock , only after giving it a swift kick and than stubbing my toe (Double angry at that point) did I realize i had kicked/injured myself on a chunk of solid steel from around the main gun of either a sherman or a french reaunalt the jerries commandered.

PFC Kitt