War Bond Poster Find

vietvet7071

Capt.Confederacy
Found this great poster Saturday.

Congrats on that find! That is a very nice piece. I've been a big fan of of the wartime poster art of that period and haven't seen this one.

• 2 months later...

More often than not is the poster has been cut down to fit the frame.This effects overall value if the poster is original it has been altered and isnt worth what it would be uncut.

General Apathy
Found this great poster Saturday.

Hi Vietvet, nice poster, I take it that the poster is American, I then have to wonder who was the little girl, was she the photographers daughter, maybe a photo of a little girl taken in the depression years and the photo seen as ideal for this propaganda poster.

Would love to know the background to how the poster was designed.

Cheers Lewis

• 4 weeks later...

Doyler,

I have to disagree. If you know the poster came from the WWII time period, who cares of they cut it down. It's a part of history and that's what people did in order to hang them during the war. It's just as original as any cut poster in my opinion.

Rakkasan187

Doyler,

A nice poster but I agree that the price is depreciated in value, and poster collectors care if it's cut down, because the important data is usually at the bottom border of the poster, namely the GPO (Government Printing Office) information that reveals the date the poster was printed. A clever reproducer will know this and purposely omit the bottom printing date from a reproduction to try to sell as an original.

Leigh...