1920's-30's NS MEYER Naval Aviator Wings

KASTAUFFER

These wings came in a group to an enlisted US Navy pilot . I posted a thread about the group here:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry519893

This is a nice set of between the wars Naval Aviator wings in a style I had not seen before. They are very delicate and thin. The pin opens up to a 90 degree angle.

MVC_007L__2_.JPG

MVC_008L__2_.JPG

MVC_009L__2_.JPG

John Cooper

Beautiful wings Kurt and thanks for posting them here. My gut feeling for the date of these wings would be 1930's

BTW I want to encourage folks reading this thread to read the linked post to see some rare Navy avation items.

Cheers

John

Beautiful wings Kurt and thanks for posting them here. My gut feeling for the date of these wings would be 1930's

BTW I want to encourage folks reading this thread to read the linked post to see some rare Navy avation items.

Cheers

John

Thanks John

Does everyone feel the pin and catch are original? The catch looks like it may be jeweler replace to me, but I may just be off base!

Kurt

Howdy,

To me, it looks like you are correct. I suspect that pin and catch are replacements. Frankly, I don't think that matters that much. Just shows that they were well worn and well loved.

Nice wings and nice group.

Patrick