101st Airborne Grunt - Vietnam

Justin

Here's another display. Pretty much the same as last time. I used different webgear, and a 101st patched jungle jacket. Same ruck. Different shovel and canteen. Excuse the bad pictures, I need a new camera :pinch:

Enjoy.

post-2305-1269458449.jpg

Very nice Justin! Looks like you approach your collecting as I do mine...if ya got pouches, ya gotta fill 'em!

Ian / Sabrejet :thumbsup:

if ya got pouches, ya gotta fill 'em!

Ian / Sabrejet :thumbsup:

What do you mean? the m56 pouches have m16 clips in them, and the 1st aid pouch is correctly filled.

What do you mean? the m56 pouches have m16 clips in them, and the 1st aid pouch is correctly filled.

You misunderstood me Justin! What I meant was that I, like you, always fill my pouches! As I implied, if you've got 'em..fill 'em! (That alluded to any collectors out there too!)

Ian ;)

I'd add a snap link ( caribiner) to the harness it seems most 101st guys wore one of those in nam.. Looks good otherwise.. Paul

Thanks Paul. I'm trying to locate a 60s dated one. I have a late war one and a few post war ones, I forgot to put it on, I also forgot his helmet. :pinch:

Hey Gang! Just checking out the stuff. I'm not sure if you are aware of it or not, bu the outside left and right pouches are designedso that a machette can be slid down between the outer pouch and main pack. Then the M1910 belt hooks can be attached to those sewn on loops. I always carried a machete this way, and it was easier for me to reach. SKIP

Justin- Something else you could do. The poncho and poncho liner are designed to fit together and form a dry sleeping bag. Just lay out the poncho, place the liner on top. You'll notice that the laces on the liner, and the grommets on the poncho coincide. You can tie them off, fold the poncho and have a dry poncho liner to sleep in. Just trying to help. SKIP

I think the nylon US Army tapes didn't start appearing until late 69 or early 70.

Still nice collection :thumbsup:

Yes I'm aware, thanks. :thumbsup: The jacket itself is dated 68 I assumed the US Army tap was added later.

Justin- Something else you could do. The poncho and poncho liner are designed to fit together and form a dry sleeping bag. Just lay out the poncho, place the liner on top. You'll notice that the laces on the liner, and the grommets on the poncho coincide. You can tie them off, fold the poncho and have a dry poncho liner to sleep in. Just trying to help. SKIP

Thanks for the tips! :thumbsup: