US Army Sweetheart Bracelets

Brig

I have a couple of sweetheart bracelets I found at a flea market years ago. The top one is a charm bracelet, I think WWII because of the Air Corps and Signal charms. If anyone thinks otherwise feel free to let me know

Second, a nice bracelet, with plastic 'amethyst' stones. Rear of centerpiece marked '1/20 12K GOLD FILLED'. Very nice piece, I think WWII or maybe a little earlier. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to toss them out.

It seems sweetheart pieces are getting harder to find these days, and bracelets and necklaces are apparently fetching big bucks now to the right collectors. Luckily I grabbed these when I found them...for $5 each :D

Bracelets_Front.JPG

• 1 month later...

Brig-

Those look to me like WWII sweetheart bracelets.

The top one also features Coast Artillery insignia which dates it to no later than about 1950.

The top one looks to mbe made of pot metal, and I wouldn't expect you to be able to sell it for more tan $10 or $15.

I have a locket that is virtually identical to the center piece on the bottom bracelet. It is a little better quality, and I would guess that you might get $20 - $25 for it, but sweetheart pieces in general have a fairly small market.

I have a number of sweetheart pieces in my collection, but they all came with a bunch of other stuff and I just hung on to them. The few times I've tried to sell them, there was no interest at all.

Hope this helps.

Steve

thanks for the input. values don't bother me, I don't intend to sell them. the bottom one is not a locket on mine. and the top charms are pot metal

thanks!

• 2 months later...