krautpot

Colt 1911A1 Marushin replica

Hello guys! Bought this awesome japanese Marushin replica pistol few months ago. Its the better holster filling for my Cathey holster than the ugly Denix 1911A1 model, which I sold after receiving the goody. Now I need original grips for the perfect look.

cheers

Michael

post-3208-1269447903.jpg

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Shame it doesn't go "bang." It does look nice, though.

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

Shame it doesn't go "bang." It does look nice, though.

Yeap thats true! But it hurts too, if throwing on someones head... ;)

Now I need original grips for the perfect look.

Don't bother, originals don't fit the holes in the receiver...

I've two of these in holsters on my mannequins and I've painted the grips the correct brown...

Can't see the round logo anyway!

f_poll.gif '29th,Let's Go!' f_poll.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Looks familiar .... :)

Johan is right, I tried to replace them too, but no luck.

MyWarRoom8-1.jpg

Not a good photo but I'm at work here so no access to better pbhotos.

A similar Colt in the shoulder holster of this guy.

Erwin

704th Tank Destroyer Battalion

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Don't bother, originals don't fit the holes in the receiver...

I've two of these in holsters on my mannequins and I've painted the grips the correct brown...

Can't see the round logo anyway!

Thank you for saving money Johan! I ll spend it for the correct magazin pouch. I have got a very faded out piece of the VN era, its time to change it.

Cheers

Michael

Looks familiar .... :)

Johan is right, I tried to replace them too, but no luck.

MyWarRoom8-1.jpg

Not a good photo but I'm at work here so no access to better pbhotos.

A similar Colt in the shoulder holster of this guy.

Erwin

Awesome display Erwin! Getting a deactivated Thompson is my next project. Cannot decide between 28A1 and M1A1... :think:

Thanks, Michael. :)

The M1928 looks "cooler" in my eyes but is more expensive.

Erwin

704th Tank Destroyer Battalion

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

I have an idea you could make some customized grips out of clear plexiglass material and put a photo inside like they use to do during WWII

Clear 1911 grips first appeared in ww2 when GI's would knock out the windows of downed aircraft and shape them in to grips for there service pistols. they called them "sweetheart" grips because they usually protected a picture of there wife, girlfriend, or pinup.

then you could drill the holes in the correct spot so they fit your replica pistol

post-1885-1269633524.jpg

I have an idea you could make some customized grips out of clear plexiglass material and put a photo inside like they use to do during WWII

Funny you should mention that, I have been working on some plexi grips for mine for some time now...

Johan

f_poll.gif '29th,Let's Go!' f_poll.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Clear 1911 grips first appeared in ww2 when GI's would knock out the windows of downed aircraft and shape them in to grips for there service pistols. they called them "sweetheart" grips because they usually protected a picture of there wife, girlfriend, or pinup.

then you could drill the holes in the correct spot so they fit your replica pistol

[/quote

Great idea Bolo! I have never seen such plexiglass grips, the are looking cool.

I think they would make your pistol look a little more authentic, you could easily find some WWII era black & white photos of young girls and cut them to fit under the grips.

I think they would make your pistol look a little more authentic, you could easily find some WWII era black & white photos of young girls and cut them to fit under the grips.

That was my first thought--that as pinups go, the model in the transparent grip photo was over-dressed and over the hill.

My (unsolicited) solution would be to buy a set of the inexpensive cheesy brown plastic GI grips that were furnished with original M1911A1 pistols. But if you want pictogrips, that's great.

It amuses me no end that people in Germany collect USGI junk, while people in the US slobber over anything German.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.