USMC Sweetheart Items

teufelhunde.ret

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
this eye candy brought $200+ on eBay

The "eye candy" is pretty impressive! Any idea of a maker or of a year of manufacture?

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
The "eye candy" is pretty impressive! Any idea of a maker or of a year of manufacture?

Pete

Probably made within the last year... about a year ago someone was selling USMC ones that were conglomerates of different sweetheart pieces and junk jewelry.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
teufelhunde.ret

These are nice lapel pins, one of many period styles to be found. Going by the lat/long lines of the globe, I'm thinking ww1 era and there after...

These are nice lapel pins, one of many period styles to be found. Going by the lat/long lines of the globe, I'm thinking ww1 era and there after...

Thanks for the info teufelhunde.ret. I knew is was old, just didn't know what era.

$10.00 includes shipping to CONUS if anyone is interested. Thanks, Al Hirschler in freezing Dallas.

• 3 weeks later...
teufelhunde.ret

It is know as a "sweetheart" piece and was based on / used the actual emblem. It was produced by H&H during the WW2 period to be used as gifts to Mom's, wife's and girfriends.

It is know as a "sweetheart" piece and was based on / used the actual emblem. It was produced by H&H during the WW2 period to be used as gifts to Mom's, wife's and girfriends.

Thanks for the info. I thought it had to be something like that. Kirby

those would be rhinestones, used in costume jewelry. I have 2 varients of that piece, myself. normally the rhinestones fall out over time because of cheap glue in the production process, so the amount of them in yours is a plus

• 1 month later...

I was sorting out my EGAs this afternoon and came across this one. I thought I'd posted this a couple years ago but did a search and couldn't find it so I'm posting it now with a question.

This pin-back EGA is service cover-sized but what has me puzzled is that it is all-over silver. It is tarnished more on the continents and the anchor than on the eagle and globe. It is marked H-H on one wing of the eagle and STERLING on the other. I'm wondering if it was originally for the dress blue cover and someone polished all the gold fill off or if it was originally for the green/khaki cover and someone polished all the bluing off of it.

The odd thing is that there are no telltale sigh of gold plating anywhere, even on the back or under the rope. There are also no signs of bluing in any recesses. Could it have been made this way?

post-1107-1302383096.jpg

post-1107-1302383102.jpg