USMC Sweetheart Items

teufelhunde.ret

here's a PFC piece exactly like the Gunny one posted above. Again, I date this to the 60s or 70s...

PFC_SH_Front.JPG

PFC_SH_Rear.JPG

here're a pair of interesting earrings made from what appears to be Cracker Jack prize buttons. screwback, WWII era I'm sure. very interesting...

EGA_Earrings_Front.JPG

EGA_Earrings_Rear.JPG

Brig,

Those are interesting earrings. Do they appear to be "homemade," or were they designed and made the way we see them? I assume the EGA are soldered to the screw backs...

You have a lot of nice "stuff" -- do you have any interesting USMC rings to share?

Pete

Brig,

Thanks for the added info and the link to the ring. I've got some USAF rings that, some day, I'd like to show here...

Pete

Here is what I have accumulated over the years. Not something that I particularly go after, but things that have come with various lots / groups of items.

John

post-5056-1243573289.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

been almost 6 months since I added a sweetheart item...nice set of USMC earrings, marked sterling on the screwpost heads. homemade? WWII era

EGA_Earrings_2_Front.JPG

EGA_Earrings_2_Rear.JPG

this is perhaps the most beautiful bracelet in my collection...I see that Jeremiah has a similar. All sterling silver, with an old style EGA on it. I date this to the 1930s-40s. Because of the extent of names, I'd venture to say WWII. All of the engraved linkes are rear marked 'Forget-Me-Not', both of the service links are marked 'Sterling'. There is a link engraved 'Earl', another engraved 'Mom', another engraved 'Mother', then the EGA one, next engraved 'Lou', USN link is engraved on rear 'Phil', then a link engraved 'Western' and rear marked '46'. Not sure what to make of all the names...Brothers and other relatives? Perhaps a boyfriend/husband in the mix? Maybe Johns?? Regardless, very nice piece

FMN_1.JPG

FMN_2.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

couple of additions...the smaller is a varient, see the reverse pic. pin placement is different, and on one example the H&H and Sterling marks are raised, in the other they are stamped

HH_SH_1.JPG

• 1 month later...

it is indeed loose, and there is a mark, I'll need to pull out the lope to read it. it is also marked 'Sterling'. in person, it seems lesser quality than the pic tells

• 1 month later...
fortworthgal

I have a couple pieces I'll have to photograph. I have a couple of smaller, delicate pieces that I believe are 1920s-30s, and then I have a larger EGA that is partially covered in rhinestones (I believe there were some posted earlier in this thread). Pretty snazzy! I also have an embroidered hankie.

new piece in...I'm pretty sure someone just put an EGA charm on their personal bracelet, especially since it's not centered...7 stone bracelet. Stones are Egyptian 'Scarabs' with hieroglyphs on the rears, but the glyphs I'm not sure were real, don't ring a bell from my days of studying Ancient Egypt as a kid. I'm dating it probably 1970s...60s-80s for a broader era. Any other input? thanks. regardless, an interesting example of what sweethearts do on their own at times

I had one of those bracelets as a kid in the early 1980s. It was an inexpensive drugstore piece. Mine didn't have an EGA on it, though! :lol: