USMC Sweetheart Items

teufelhunde.ret

• 2 weeks later...

figured I'd use the eBay photos as I can't improve on quality...three WWII era brass charms, highly tarnished, smaller than a dime. very cool

0b27_1.jpg

0bad_1.jpg

here's a nice charm bracelet I picked up. By the LCpl chevon, I'm guessing 60s or 70s? any second opinions? most charms marked sterling, a couple with (something) Craft, can't read the first word on any pieces. anyone know? nice piece, either way.

Charm_Bracelet_1.JPG

Charm_Bracelet_7.JPG

seen a few of these lately in different colors...snatched this one in clear. bakelite heart with an M37 EM EGA on it...nice little sweetheart piece

Bakelite_Heart_Front.JPG

Bakelite_Heart_Rear.JPG

here's another one you may like...came from the grandson of a Sgt who served in Korea. I believe that this is an early post-56 emblem. The EGA is a model 56...the cover emblem has a China Marine M26 droopy winged emblem, but without the latitude lines. Also, notice the EGA on the front of this cover. A very cool EGA as well...both pieces marked sterling...

KW_SH_Chain_1.JPG

KW_SH_Chain_3.JPG

here's a mini EGA that was once on a chain piece, marked H&H 10K GF...same type of EGA often seen applied against regs to WWII marksmanship badges

HH_SH_Mini_Front.JPG

HH_SH_Mini_Mark.JPG

HH_SH_Mini_Rear.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

here are a couple of chain pieces I got together for buy it now. The top one I believe is from the 60s or 70s...any other ideas? it's an EGA and a Gunny chevron, the EGA is similar to the one on the piece with the cover charm. The one below it I'm certain is WWII by the EGA...piece is marked sterling in 3 places. Both very nice

Chains_SH_Front.JPG

Chains_SH_Rear.JPG

Here's a bracelet I just added to the line-up, made with a button. Nice little piece. Not much of a button expert, and it's hard to tell without the back marks, but can anyone ID the era of the button? I'm guessing sometime between the 70s and present...

Brig - this is not a bracelet but a Watch Fob & Chain. Worn when pocketwatches were still in vogue and men wore vests. The watch was kept in the 'watch pocket' and the chain hung across the front. So IMHO it dates likely to at least the 1920s. Very nice!

Semper Fi.....Bob

Hey Tim! You have amassed a wonderful collection of USMC Sweetheart stuff! Good on ya, son! Semper Fi.....Bob

that fob...looks a bit minty for the 20s, no? not much of a button guy (yet, at least), can any of you uniform guys tell the button era better?

thanks Bob. I assumed it was a bracelet because of a modern bracelet I saw at a store

teufelhunde.ret
that fob...looks a bit minty for the 20s, no? not much of a button guy (yet, at least), can any of you uniform guys tell the button era better?

Just went back and looked at the picture - appears to me that it is likely WW2 era button used to hold the chin strap in place on the barracks cover (since all buttons at this time were 2 piece, it would be easy to use the stamped part for other purposes). And the rope twists about the anchor is the key. By this period in time the number of makers for military buttons had diminished greatly due in part to the depression and larger company's absorbing smaller makers. s/f Darrell

probably, since pocket watches are still used today, no reason to think they weren't still a bit in the 40s

new piece in...I'm pretty sure someone just put an EGA charm on their personal bracelet, especially since it's not centered...7 stone bracelet. Stones are Egyptian 'Scarabs' with hieroglyphs on the rears, but the glyphs I'm not sure were real, don't ring a bell from my days of studying Ancient Egypt as a kid. I'm dating it probably 1970s...60s-80s for a broader era. Any other input? thanks. regardless, an interesting example of what sweethearts do on their own at times

Scarab_Front.JPG

Scarab_Rear.JPG

here's another sweetheart charm bracelet I date from the 60s or 70s...has similar charms to the other. the dog is the same. The EGA and Marine with rifle, while similar, are different. The helmet looks more like a basket...poor definition, and the plastic gem has a hole in the center like something was there at one point, probably an EGA...unlike the other one however, there are no rear marks that say sterling or the company name, and the back of the charms is rougher...nice, heavy piece though

Charm_Bracelet_2_Front.JPG

teufelhunde.ret
new piece in...I'm pretty sure someone just put an EGA charm on their personal bracelet, especially since it's not centered...7 stone bracelet. Stones are Egyptian 'Scarabs' with hieroglyphs on the rears, but the glyphs I'm not sure were real, don't ring a bell from my days of studying Ancient Egypt as a kid. I'm dating it probably 1970s...60s-80s for a broader era. Any other input? thanks. regardless, an interesting example of what sweethearts do on their own at times

Very soon now you will have enough to start your own store! :lol: