USMC Sweetheart Items

teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret
Im guessing its a luggage tag. Around the hole it says "PLEASE RETURN TO".

... back in the day, these were used on key rings ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a bracelet I just added to the line-up, made with a button. Nice little piece. Not much of a button expert, and it's hard to tell without the back marks, but can anyone ID the era of the button? I'm guessing sometime between the 70s and present...

Button_Bracelet_Front.JPG

Button_Bracelet_Rear.JPG

670f_1.jpg

Here's a bracelet I just added to the line-up, made with a button. Nice little piece. Not much of a button expert, and it's hard to tell without the back marks, but can anyone ID the era of the button? I'm guessing sometime between the 70s and present...

That's a nice one. Am I just too focused on WWII jewelry, or is there such a thing as modern sweetheart jewelry?

teufelhunde.ret
I'm guessing sometime between the 70s and present...

Cannot speak to the chain or use - however the rope configuration on the emblem's anchor dates to WW2 and similar desgin configuration were seen just prior to the war. It has the appearence / size of the button used to hold the chin strap on the Barracks Cover...?

Cannot speak to the chain or use - however the rope configuration on the emblem's anchor dates to WW2 and similar desgin configuration were seen just prior to the war. It has the appearence / size of the button used to hold the chin strap on the Barracks Cover...?

or the buttons on the cuffs.

That's a nice one. Am I just too focused on WWII jewelry, or is there such a thing as modern sweetheart jewelry?

they sell stuff these days in the PX or online. it's generally gaudy junk

two more I picked up, one the rhinestone has fallen out but it's there. Lead made. These are similar to the gold ones you see, only these are more silver and have no pin, and the globe is also painted differently. See the comparison below...the silver on the left, and the more common gold on right

Lead_SH_1.JPG

Lead_SH_2.JPG

Lead_SH_3.JPG

still trying to narrow down the era on these two. the one with the chain I'm fairly sure is WWII...it's consistent. what about the other one? WWII as well? seems like a M1920 styled bird, but quality seems more reflective of the 40s. any input?

40s_SH_Fronts.JPG

40s_SH_Rears.JPG

teufelhunde.ret
still trying to narrow down the era on these two. the one with the chain I'm fairly sure is WWII...it's consistent. what about the other one? WWII as well? seems like a M1920 styled bird, but quality seems more reflective of the 40s. any input?

... just a hunch, it has the appearence of 50's period.

Here's a USMC sweetheart I picked up on Sunday at a flea market for 2 bucks. It's a pinback and I'm certain it's from the WW2 era. It's well made but not sterling

post-2588-1236305678.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

this just in. very cool. thought it was solid, but it's hollow. a comic Marine in alphas with rifle on post broach. Marked H&H and Sterling. any idea what those things on his shoulders are? pin lock is missing, but I think it's still pretty awesome. I'm thinking WWII. anyone second that?

SH_Sentry_Front.JPG

SH_Sentry_Rear.JPG

here's a nice bracelet I just got in. the seller's pics were better, so I'll use them. These have been selling at high prices lately...in the 75 buck range...so I grabbed one at a steal of 30 before they got grabbed up. nice WWII era piece

ed33_12.jpg

ee7d_12.jpg

Bracelet_EGA.JPG

here's a piece I just got in...obviously post-1956 due to the EGA on it. Cheaper quality and alloys lead me to believe it's from the 80s until the present, not sure how to pinpoint the era better. Anyone recall seeing these at the exchange in your days?

SH_Neck_1.JPG

SH_Neck_2.JPG

I just realized Stinger Gunner posted the same pendant. Didn't know they were sterling...seem very thin and unmarked. So it's not even 1980s...not even 90s...wow, glad I got it cheap

Here's a USMC sweetheart I picked up on Sunday at a flea market for 2 bucks. It's a pinback and I'm certain it's from the WW2 era. It's well made but not sterling

USMCPenny.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if it pre-dates WWII, actually

Here's my tiny little contribution.. Both pieces would fit on a dime. Seems to be sterling and gold.. Only marking is a K in a shield with a C in a circle under the K. I think it cost me a dollar.

Fins..

post-4106-1237696999.jpg

the hallmark is the hallmark of K.Co." hallmark for "Kinney and Co." of provenance RI.

nice piece. are the dog's eyes red or is it just me?

Thanks Brig.. Yup Good eye.. No pun intended.. The dog's eyes are indeed red. Never noticed that myself.. Subtle 'Devil Dog' referance perhaps..??

Fins.