WWI AEF ID'd 90th Infantry Division Chaplains Uniform

Bugme

WWIMedalMan

Here is your picture of Chaplain Walter O. Lewis. If you want the details on the photograph and a better resolution photograph, send me a message with your e-mail.

post-13667-1280527413.jpg

Here is your picture of Chaplain Walter O. Lewis. If you want the details on the photograph and a better resolution photograph, send me a message with your e-mail.

Thank you! This is really an answer to 'prayer'. I appreciate your tremendous help and have sent you a PM. :thumbsup:

BigJohn#3RD

Great Chaplain's Uniform and history. It is truly wonderful when you can get all the information on a veteran including a picture as it help the history of the veteran stay alive well in to the future.

Regards

John

His name is noted on the end of war Roster of the 90th ID, 360th IR Commanded by Colonel Howard C. Price.November 11th, 1918. What I have not been able to find is a photograph of him but, I'm still looking.

Scott,

He's also listed in the 90th division unit history. Let me know if you want copies of the roster pages.

Tim

Scott,

He's also listed in the 90th division unit history. Let me know if you want copies of the roster pages.

Tim

Thanks Tim, I was able to retrieve the roster from internet archives but, if you have the actual pages in hand, then yes, please feel free to post the roster or PM the pages to me! Man, I love this forum! :love:

Excellent Grouping you have got there Scott very nice .... I like it well done :thumbsup: .

These Chaplains uniforms are rare indeed, I've got a good many years involved in the search for one before Dave put me on the scent of this uniform of Chaplain Lewis. It still amazes me that someone found his picture. I'm hopefully in the process of getting the book in which he picture is shown.

WWIMedalMan

I sent William Jewell an email today and I am going to follow it up with a call on Monday. They have to have a better photo of Chaplain Walter O. Lewis. I will keep you informed. :thumbsup:

I sent William Jewell an email today and I am going to follow it up with a call on Monday. They have to have a better photo of Chaplain Walter O. Lewis. I will keep you informed. :thumbsup:

All I can say is: THANKS! You've done this all for me in an unsolicited way. It's great to have this network of collectors and historians! :thumbsup:

These Chaplains uniforms are rare indeed, I've got a good many years involved in the search for one before Dave put me on the scent of this uniform of Chaplain Lewis. It still amazes me that someone found his picture. I'm hopefully in the process of getting the book in which he picture is shown.

Scott

Well that is a Very Scarce Piece of Military History you have got there from the First World War, Its Amazing you are doing so well in getting his Research thats even better again Thanks to all Those Great Guys on this Military Forum that helped you out also..

I wish you luck in allocating that Book with his picture in it of Chaplain Fr Lewis. Amazing :thumbsup: ..

Regards: Tomás.

• 1 year later...
Hello. I was searching on eBay today and I found a copy of the yearbook (1919 William Jewell) I took this picture from for sale for $29.99.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310395395447

I think this is a pretty great price! Sorry I could not sell you mine.

Well, you just blew me away and I appreciate your coming back to this thread and also sending me a private message. I just purchased the book and hopefully it'll be here by the end of the week. Thanks one more time!!! :thumbsup: