WAAC Post cards

cutiger83

I found these WAAC post cards at an antique store. I don't collect post cards but for $1 each I had to get these. There are 7 identical ones. There is no date on the cards but I assume they are early WWII because they say WAAC.

Thanks, Kat

waac.JPG

fortworthgal

Very cool! Yes, the WAAC dropped the Auxiliary and became a regular part of the Army in September 43, so that does help to date them. Neat cards!

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

These are cool and worth more than a dollar apiece. you got a good deal- there is quite a few to this set. I BELIEVE if I am remembering correctly at least 15 different designs. I have many duplicates of these postcards. If you are interested PM me. The ones I have are in really great shape.

Thank you so very much for posting your collection! These are VERY cool! I now have something else to keep an eye out for! :) I am not sure which one I like the most! They are all great. I think I like the "Give me a hairpin and I can fix anything" the best.

Thanks again, Kat

You're very welcome. Military comic postcards span all branches and go back to at least the first world war- I hope I can locate my missing duplicates some day!

• 1 year later...