3rd Inf Div Thread

ken1967

Here is an IDed M-1941 Combat Field Jacket to a Member of the 3rd Inf Div with a lot of Blood Stains to the rear of it.

Just seeing this Thread today and its Excellent Thanks to everyone for keeping it up and running great stuff and well done :thumbsup:

So i said i would add to it also.. With what i have got in my collection as i havent seing a M-41 Field Jacket in here yet.

Regards

Tomás :thumbsup: .

I really like this item. Maybe ill get lucky someday,and find one for my own colection.

I don't have anything as special as some of the great items that you guys have but here is a nice photo of WWI 3 rd ID Medics.

This photo and the following items belonged to Stanley Grivensky. Stan is seated on the far left.

post-2843-1309218323.jpg

• 1 month later...
Eagle's Nest

Here is a group I put together. As you know, the 3rd Infantry (7th inf reg) was the first US force to reach Hitler's hideout in the Alps. The silver tray and booklet are both from the Berghof. The helmet is a recent buy from the forum here. It looks better in-hand than it does here actually.

post-3671-1313254455.jpg

post-3671-1313254462.jpg

I really like this item. Maybe ill get lucky someday,and find one for my own colection.

Thanks for your kind comments :thumbsup: ,

Some times it takes a long time to aquire certain stuff but does be well worth the wait in the end.

• 4 months later...

Here are a few named 3rd ID uniforms and medal groupings I have in my collection . . . hope you enjoy! Great thread by the way . . . thanks for starting it!

Medal Grouping for Technical Sergeant John J. Stanton

Company C, 30th Regiment, 3rd Division.

Sgt. John Stanton is the recipient of the Silver Star Medal (I added one to represent the one he received), the Bronze Star Medal which is named to him. Have been unable to locate his Silver Star Citation as of yet but if any of you guys have a lead, please let me know!

post-7151-1325876109.jpg

Here are a few named 3rd ID uniforms and medal groupings I have in my collection . . . hope you enjoy! Great thread by the way . . . thanks for starting it!

Medal Grouping for Technical Sergeant John J. Stanton

Company C, 30th Regiment, 3rd Division.

Sgt. John Stanton is the recipient of the Silver Star Medal (I added one to represent the one he received), the Bronze Star Medal which is named to him. Have been unable to locate his Silver Star Citation as of yet but if any of you guys have a lead, please let me know!

post-7151-1325876134.jpg

Bronze Star Medal and Citation for T-4 Clemence J. Michalek

Cannon Company, 15th Regiment, 3rd Division

A set of German made 15th Regiment DI's

post-7151-1325876662.jpg

Clemence J. Michalek's Bronze Star Citation on 3rd ID Letterhead and officially signed by 3rd Division Commanding General Major General John W. O'Daniel.

post-7151-1325876820.jpg

Dog Tags, Patch and Souvenir grouping from Cpl. Louis C. Stobart,

39th Field Artillery, 3rd Division.

Close up of dog tags!

post-7151-1325877641.jpg

Dog Tags, Pictures and Patch grouping from Pfc. Buil Parrish,

7th Regiment, 3rd Division.

Note sure why, but the 36th Division patch came with the group . . . he may have been in the 36th at one point or was just partial to them since they fought together side by side in Italy.

Close up of his dog tags!

post-7151-1325877910.jpg

Now for some uniforms!!

Uniform of T-5 Samuel Bosch,

Company E, 30th Regiment, 3rd Division . . . received Bronze Star Medal for actions on January 1st, 1945.

post-7151-1325877967.jpg

Now for some uniforms!!

Uniform of T-5 Samuel Bosch,

Company E, 30th Regiment, 3rd Division . . . received Bronze Star Medal for actions on January 1st, 1945.

post-7151-1325877994.jpg