NOS Meyer Jump Wing - Opinions Please

One of our fellow forum memebers has recently turned me towards a new addiction - Jump Wings

I recently saw these of an auction site. They are supposed to be NOS.

Can you give me your opinion?

Thanks

post-9392-1268909100.jpg

One of our fellow forum memebers has recently turned me towards a new addiction - Jump Wings

Thanks

post-9392-1268909100.jpg

Bob,

This senior jump wing is a fairly new strike, though Meyer is now out of business, so by new I mean within the last 20 years. The military clothier Marlow White in Leavenworth, KS used to sell this exact maker for around $65 a pair. I was astounded that army officers would pay that much when World War II pinback sterling jump wings were bringing $25- $30 for a pair. My how times have changed!

Allan

Allan,

Thanks for your help, and a great side line story as well.

$65 must have given Marlow White a nice little profit.

Thanks again, that was great info!

Bob

Thanks

post-9392-1268909100.jpg

Bob,

The wings are right as rain. Here in Va. Vanguard Insignia bought a huge lot of the NS Meyer stock when they went defunct. They used what they could resale and dumped a huge amount NS Meyer NOS/dies and obsolete insignia in the area and to a surplus dealer who sold the stuff at the SOS shows. For a few years there was a guy who sold NS MEYER NOS STERLING and 1/20th SF insignia at the flea market. Bought a load of it while the pickings were good. Just another note the LAFB exchange sold 2in size USAF NS Meyer wings in sterling for $125.00 back in the early 80s

Just another note the LAFB exchange sold 2in size USAF NS Meyer wings in sterling for $125.00 back in the early 80s

SKIR,

Do you know if they sold many at that price?

LAFB = Lackland, Luke, Langley?

SKIR,

Do you know if they sold many at that price?

LAFB = Lackland, Luke, Langley?

PAUL,

That would be Langley, TAC Headquaters. Would have no idea how many if any were sold, did not work at clothing sales. They were in the case at the check out counter along with the bullion dress insignia. Being HQ TAC, I am sure there was a better chance of willing buyers, just as the prices at the Pentagon clothing sales store are up there.

Hey Gang! I collect knives and bayonets, but I do have a few jump wings. You guys seem to know this area well. Could I get some advice? Master Wings-by KREW G-1, 1/2 OSIL Filler

Novice wings-KRESS KRAFT Sterling 23C, w/ a sheild formed around a "K"

Novice wings-D22 sterling

These were my personal wings, the Master Wings got in 79-80, the novice 1970 at jump school. Are these worth anything besides sentimental value? THX SKIP

Hey Gang! I collect knives and bayonets, but I do have a few jump wings. You guys seem to know this area well. Could I get some advice? Master Wings-by KREW G-1, 1/2 OSIL Filler

Novice wings-KRESS KRAFT Sterling 23C, w/ a sheild formed around a "K"

Novice wings-D22 sterling

These were my personal wings, the Master Wings got in 79-80, the novice 1970 at jump school. Are these worth anything besides sentimental value? THX SKIP

Skip,

IMOP any sterling insignia is worth hanging on to, like anything else they will just become more expensive as the supplies dry up (as for period issue stuff) Anything new made is going to priced high. The KRESS KRAFT wing is a keeper. Hope this helps.

Rick