My tribute to Tex Hill..

kphfun

After looking at Willysmb44 diecast B-17 I thought I would show my little tribute to this great man who I had the chance to meet many years ago at the Reno Air Races. The 1/48 Diecast was one of 2400, or something like that, made in the 90's by Spec Cast. The plate is a Franklin made in 1991 and the picture in the frame is from a calendar. They go together well.. :)

post-3273-1268880852.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was fortunate enough to get Tex's autograph many years ago. Those AVG guys were really like cowboys. Fly 'em like they stole 'em, and hit what they shoot at......

• 2 months later...
4STARCHRIS

Nice "Tex" items. Tex and I were good friends and I truly miss him. I helped him and his wife on several occasion during many show sell his books. I once made a back drop of medals and ribbons that he had earned to draw people to his booth.

cprofota

• 2 weeks later...

The greatest thing about being in the 229th aviation regiment at Ft. Bragg (before they were disolved) was we were the "flying tigers". We had tons of memorabilia, autographs, prints etc. all over the command offices. I have to wonder what happened to it all.

Mike