1907 SUSPENDERS

LtRGFRANK

post-551-1268792347.jpgpost-551-1268792330.jpg

I just picked up this set of 1907 SUSPENDERS made by Mills. Does anyone have a picture of them being worn. I've checked all my reference books and came up empty. Thanks Robert

US Victory Museum

I believe that Frankie (New Romantic) posted this photo a while back in a different topic.

The first aid pouch the soldier on the right is wearing is the pattern 1911, so the photo

post dates that point.

post-1529-1268834860.jpg

New Romantic

I've been trying to figure out when the Mills M1907 suspenders were made, and the chronology of variations. For example there are three different variations I have noted.

1. Suspenders with rectangular buckles.

2. Suspenders with rectangular, open buckles ( like the buckles on British equipment)

3. Suspenders with thicker web shoulder straps, almost like the M1903 suspenders.

Mills suspenders were never dated, at least not that I'm aware of. Russell dated their suspenders in 1918 but I think I had seen a pair of undated Russell suspenders in olive drab. That was on Advance Guard Militaria less than a year ago.

New Romantic

Here's the suspenders with thicker web shoulder straps, from Hayes Otouplalik. I'm thinking this is the first version of these suspenders.

post-599-1268841747.jpg

New Romantic

Open buckles on suspenders from MattOvarik's collection. Though these are on Russell suspenders the same buckles were also used by Mills. It also appears that these are the buckles on the suspenders worn by at least one soldier in the photo US Victory Museum posted.

post-599-1268842469.jpg

Robert

Very nice!!!!

RON

THanks Ron. Spirit Lake Iowa flea markets are coming up. The race is on to find stuff before the other :lol: Robert