Early Special Forces pic ID?

camelgreen44

camelgreen44

Was at my local antique shop yesterday and started looking thru some stuff in a little case, and the more I looked ,the more that I found interesting. First thing was this I.D. Bought it for the Flag stripe. Had no idea that it opened up till I looked at it again in my truck. I figured it was an ID of some type,then putting 2&2 together ,USASFV, Special Forces Vietnam, I was thrilled. It dates 1962 and poss 1963. The Special Forces prayer card was also with it, along with some metal framed ribbons and a 101st Challenge coin ,named to a differend fella. Any help here? Would really like to do some research! Denny

post-334-1268581391.jpg

post-334-1268581422.jpg

post-334-1268581439.jpg

Bonjour Denny,

That's a great find of the SF early years in SEA. :thumbsup: Your card is a vietnamese driving license delivered by the ARVN Transportation Dept (KBC 3031).

Perhaps more to follow, I have to check files

Great find again

V

camelgreen44

V , Thanks for the help. I tried to translate a couple words on line, but the Vietnamese Language is Very hard. Also tried Detachment B-112, but that sortta dead ended also. Denny

Great find, Driving liscence issued to US servicemen by vietnameses doesn't show often. Yours is early war paper, it sreally cool

The below gentleman passed somewhat recently, same birthday.....i

ARDEN EDWARD BROWN 24 Dec 1925 16 Feb 2008 (P) 76119 (Fort Worth, Tarrant, TX) (none specified) 512-18-9377