Two rare engineer patches closed on ebay

mortaydc60

post-565-1268445207.jpeg

Well my friend ARVN struck again! If you remember he was the winner of the OSS patches on ebay awhile back. This time he won two great WW2 Engineer patches;the first is the 1629th and the second is the 2833rd. These examples are in exceptional shape and the 1629th is just super in the detail and construction.post-565-1268444823.jpgand the other.

The 1629th is from the Pacific theater saw action in Luzon and the 2833rd saw action Central Europe and the Rhineland. The 1629th has been in numerous books,etc but the 2833rd is not very well known. My feeling is that only the most astute buyers knew their value, but I have to say they went higher than I thought. Mort

Garth Thompson

If ARVN (Chris) wants it he will get it unless you are willing to throw down big $$.

Garth

I was lucky to get two 1629th Engineer patches. One is on a Ike jacket and the other was on a shirt. My Mom got them at a thrift store 10 years ago for $3.

Charlie

Mort, Just curious but where did they end up at on price? Kim

The closing price on the 1629th Eng was $394 and for the 2833rd Eng was $238. You have to remember that these are very rare patches which were in great condition. To my thinking the 2833rd piece is less well known and is only depicted rarely and then as a DI. The winner again is a very astute and knowledgeable collecter and now has two exceptional additions to his collection. Mort