M3 Stuart Collection

37thguy

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

Love diarama's.

Very nice. Did you make the bases? I used to use plaster in the 1970's but it dried and cracked.

Rock

2RO2.jpg

2/505th (RA) 5/502nd (RA) 2/505th (REEN)

Love diarama's.

Very nice. Did you make the bases? I used to use plaster in the 1970's but it dried and cracked.

Rock

I've found that dirt from your yard, mixed with Elmers white glue works well for base ground work. you can sprinkle whatever groundwork you need on the glue while its still wet, and a coat of clear flat will tone down the wet look once it dries. Awesome work on my favorite light tank of WWII.

Wayne

Freedom isnt free... it must be paid for. Too often it is paid for by the blood of patriots. For those who have paid their share, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

• 3 months later...

I love it,

i'm on a m5a1 Free french display, i hope it will be nice ...

- Lester H Scheaffer (Fleetwood - PA) - 175th Infantry Regiment, 29th Infantry Division - KIA September 12th 1944 attacking the Brest Naval range butt

I’m proudly in charge of his grave at St James cemetery. RIP

(My left avatar portrait)

- Jay E Hansford (Baxter Springs - KS ) - 146th Engineer Combat Battalion SETF - KIA June 6th 1944 landing on Dog White Omaha Beach

I’m proudly in charge of his grave at Colleville sur mer cemetery. RIP

(My right avatar portrait)

- See their story, and other ones here : http://mylifeinthewar.over-blog.com/

-- Interested in pictures (and others items) concerning the French Navy ships that went under repair in US Navy yards in 1943. In Boston (Le Terrible, le Fantasque, le Malin), in NYC (Richelieu) and in Philadelphia (Le Georges Leygues, Le Gloire, Le Montcalm)

Love diarama's.

Rock

Just like MP says, I use sand mostly instead of dirt but both work well. If I need a raised area I usually add some cardboaurd for fill so as to not have a bg pile of sand. For tire tracks and tread marks, I use a bit heavier amount of glue/sand, and set the tank directly on the area and that does a great job of leaving the imprint. For tires I just take one from the spare tire box and run one up and down the path several times to make it look like there been some traffic.

Thanks for all the compliments guys.

Looking for for 37th Division

VietNam and earlier Special Forces &

USS Hemminger DE 746 items

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

See my FB sales page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1928884587130681/pending/

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

• 8 months later...
Corsair pilot
M3A1 Africa, turret top, rear deck, and exhaust modified

This is awesome looking. What a great job on the detail. The mine sign is a nice touch.

kenny

• 3 months later...
wwIIfighterpilots

Nicely done. I like that Chaffee too.

Thanks to all veterans for your service.

Robswashashore

Just what I love about this Forum -- introductions to something I had heard about but never seen. I am reading a book about the North African Campaign that mentions the Stuart tanks quite a bit!

Very impressive... How do you dust them without breaking the small parts?

Jean

MSGT William Gould, 8th Weather Squadron, USAAF WWII
MAJ Abner J. Barnett, 329th Infantry Regiment, 83rd Division, USA Medical Corps WWI, WWII
T 5 A. Curtis Dufield, 147th Armored Signal Company, 7th Armored Division WWII

CAPT Thomas F. Hooper, 120th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division, WWII
"And then we all got invited to World War II and everybody's life changed." (Jean Kelly Barnett Gould 1922-2009 (My mom))
For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. (Phil. 4:11b)
"That outfit was so bad that the CHAPLAIN went over the hill with a couple of guys." William Bryson Gould 1920-2012 )(My dad))

donation2011.gif

I use pastel dust and a soft brush.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Free French M3A3. Upper hull completely scratch built, all rivets added by hand, turret is Tamiya M5A1. Had I waited a few years I could have just bought a resin kit, ....nah!

What are the tread like pieces on the turret ?, i always wanted to know this, as i see this on the stuart, there not from what i can tell spare treads as they do not look like them.

General Apathy

post-344-1310545334.jpg

I built these 25-30 years ago before all the resin add-ons became available so it's all from scratch when it comes to the variants.

here they are:

British "Honey"

Turret, side skirts, exhaust, and fender box all scratch built.

Hi 37thguy, a neat collection of well built variants including many scratch built additions you added :thumbsup: , the M-3 has always been a favourite of mine over the later M-5, there is something of a naivety about it's design.

I have a friend Mike and he has a collection of M-3s, sixteen of them in fact :lol::lol::lol:

more can be seen at the link below

http://www.milweb.net/features/m3a1_stuart_tank.php

lewis

Young enough to care and enjoy militaria - Old enough to remember as surplus

" Life's too short for reproductions "

Life is like a tank of gas, the closer you get to a quarter tank, the faster it goes 

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

IIRC they are called "Grousers" and connect to the track giving better traction.

Much the same way as chains on your car.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Great job on the custom mods & weathering!

"I fear all we have done was to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve". Vice Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Number of defenseless people rounded up & exterminated in the 20th century because of gun control: 56 MILLION!

Great looking work!. I love to see old school scratch building. You have real talent. The wading trunks are flawless.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Garandomatic

I thought I was the only guy that did that! Had one spot on the farm where the soil was good and fine.

I've found that dirt from your yard, mixed with Elmers white glue works well for base ground work. you can sprinkle whatever groundwork you need on the glue while its still wet, and a coat of clear flat will tone down the wet look once it dries. Awesome work on my favorite light tank of WWII.

Wayne

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

Uniforms of the Day

I love these. Nice job!

donation2013.gif

Always looking for 78th Division patch variations, medal groups & uniforms from WWI or WWII.

307th Field Artillery - "The poor, unfortunate grunt needs to actually see his target. All we need is a zip code"...

Very nice Mark! I sometimes get the urge to dive back into my 1:35 scale building. And wish I still had my models I had built over the years. Being Army and moving every couple years almost made it impossible to keep them intact. Along with a few "accidents" from my wife at the time, they all went they way of the Dodo bird.

Learn to ride hard, shoot straight, dance well and so live that you can, if necessary, look any man in the eye and tell him to go to Hell! US Cavalry Manual, 1923

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate the kind words.

• 1 month later...

Very nice dioramas! I too like the M 8 HMC. I had a friend that was in a Cavalry Recon. (Mech.) and that is what they had.

You are his witness now, without a witness, they just disappear!

Quote from the movie TAKING CHANCE 2009

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gif