M3 Stuart Collection

37thguy

I built these 25-30 years ago before all the resin add-ons became available so it's all from scratch when it comes to the variants.

here they are:

British "Honey"

Turret, side skirts, exhaust, and fender box all scratch built.

post-729-1268438410.jpg

Free French M3A3. Upper hull completely scratch built, all rivets added by hand, turret is Tamiya M5A1. Had I waited a few years I could have just bought a resin kit, ....nah!

post-729-1268438832.jpg

Those are nice looking tanks. Great job on the scratch built add ons. Usually as soon as I finish something like that the next week they release a kit of that variation.

Thanks for posting them

Dennis

WOW, very nice work!! :thumbsup:

You and Dennis been hanging out together.

Thanks for sharing, it makes me want to build something. :)

Great work! I always did like the M3 Series vehicles... by far my all time fave is the M8 HMC... Just something about that much power in such a small package that really captures my attention. I've had a love affair with the Stuart since I was a kid reading the Haunted Tank comics...

Wayne

A great set of thematically linked AFVs. Congratulations on a job(s) well done. I particularly like your British "Honey"..terrific paint job. The desert dazzle scheme is a bugger to do well!

Sabrejet :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. My fave is the PTO M3A1 because building the wading trunk from scratch was fun. I actually had a TM on wading kits/waterproofing for everything from H2Oing the .45 1911A1 up through M4 Sherman's and everything in between.

As for the Honey, it is my fave of all the paint jobs, it really is a cool pattern, but by far the hardest one was the M3A3 that has a completely scratch built upper hull with every rivet laid into place individually.

Proud Kraut

What a great collection, stunning work, thanks for sharing your models! I also like the mini-dioramas your tanks are displayed on. I wish I would be able to do that.

Lars