USMC camo uniform

ColtM1911

Hello, i do not collect WW2 USMC camo but was a swap shop in florida and could not pass it up for $12. I'm 18 and only know that USMC camo is rare, my interest lies in pre-ww1 and ww1 U.S.web gear and the m1911 pistol. So excuse my for my dumb questions.

What marine would have been issued this "jumper" camo uniform ?

Also, what type of camo uniform is it (its designation) ?

Thank you for your help, David.

post-9256-1268429840.jpg

316th FS 324th FG

Phenomenal find for $12! Search the forum, you will find multiple discussions on here. One is currently listed on a site for $2500, there have been recent sales on ebay too.

I'm just sitting here in front of the computer, shuddering and hallucinating...babbling something that sounds like "$12.00...$12.00..." :wacko: :drool2:

Colt, that's possibly the best score I've ever seen- and I've seen some whoppers :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Very nice score on the Para smock.!!!

Are the elbow pads still sewn on??These smocks were often modified.Cut down and worn as a shirt.

RON

THANK YOU ALL who have posted on my topic, i truely appreciate it!!!

I am not shure on the elbow pads, but when looking at photos of other examples everything seems to be there. All of the seams and edges of the uniform match so it does not seem that anything was cut, resewn, or modified. Also, the condition of the jumper is excellent as all the snaps retain most of there finish if not all, the very color is excellent, and the zippers function flawlessly.

Well anyway, Heres how i got it. I was at a swap shop in Florida and out of the corner of my eye i saw the USMC pattern. Im not an expert but i knew that USMC stuff is worth some money so i went over and looked. It was sitting on the floor of an old van, and the man told me it was from a ww2 vets estate sale. I have never found anything of real value at a swap shop so this made my day!!!

Again, thank you for all of your comments. Best Wishes, David.

David

THanks for posting the item.The elbow pads are normally oval in shape and will be on the back of each sleeve.They are camo covered felt about a quarter inch thick and very large oval shape..

Great Score and story.Would been great to know if the swapper had any other of the vets stuff.

RD

No I do not see any elbow pads, however there is not any evidence that anything was ever sewn there. Could theyhave been issued with out elbow pads? Also does this kill the value of the para smock? Anyway, Thank you and the seller told me that was all he had from the estate sale. David.

No I do not see any elbow pads, however there is not any evidence that anything was ever sewn there. Could theyhave been issued with out elbow pads? Also does this kill the value of the para smock? Anyway, Thank you and the seller told me that was all he had from the estate sale. David.

Dave

I had a smock where the pads were removed.As far as I can recall the pads were on the smocks when manufactured.I have seen the pads on smocks that have been cut down but often removed as they were not to practical.

The smock I had with the pads removed had a very faint double stitch outline where the pads had been.Mine had bee laundered several times but could still see the outline.Turn the sleeve inside out and see if any sign of stitching is there.My current smock has the pads.

Not a real deal killer if the pads are gone but may affect value overall.

RD

I flipped the sleves inside out to the tan camo and could not find any signs of double stiching at all. And there is no variation in color from the rest of the jacket and where the pads should be. So if they were removed it was most likely done during its use. The only other problem with this uniform is that there is a small 2 inch. tear in the tan camo, however it is not visible when the green camo is flipped on the outside. I would never repair it but if i were to sell it could easily be done by the new owner, at least thats what my grandmother said she knows her way around sewing.

Just one question, How much is the retail for my p1943 para smock?????

I am thinking of selling it so i can put the money away for something else such as school or more ww1 items! Thanks, David.

double_tilt

i think i would be heading back to the shop to see if there is anything else from the estate sale, even track down other buyers if possible.

Was not shure if anyone was interested in pistols, but i just picked up a Smith and wesson Model 2 Army or old model. Its got beautiful rosewood grips, but the finish has dulled to a old patina. It has a five inch. barrel, and is ser. number 220xx. They produced 77,155 of these pistols from 1861 to 1874. Again i do not collect this era but when i went to a local garrage sale and saw it sitting there for. fifty bucks i could not pass it up! In its current state it is worth about 500 to 550 according to the 2006 blue book of guns. Thats all for now