Japanese Plane Piece

rmoore456

I picked this Japanese plane piece up at an estate auction in the late 1980's. The flyer only listed "military ityems". On the way home from work the day before the auction I stopped to check out the items. Alomg with this piece there was a small Japanese flag with writing and an Arisaka rifrle, unground mum and a rubberized sling. I decided to go at least to get the plane piece as Japanese rifles and flags had been going fairly high at auctions lately.

The auction was in late November or early December I don't recall, but it was cold! I located the military items on about the third or fourth hayrack. I asked if they would sell them earlier as that was all I was interested in and they wouldn't. After the first two racks sold they started to feed things from the others instead of having everyone move. As a man and a woman were picking items to take to the sale the woman picked up the plane piece, handed it to the man, they said a couple of things, he shrugged his shoulders and walked off behind the house with it. I follwed to see what he was going to do. He walked over to an obvious trash pile and threw it on! Which I promplty retrieved and took to my car. I went back to watch the rifle and flag sell, which they went too high as I thought. The next day at a gun show I was offered $125 for the piece from a dealer.

Ray

102_0010.jpg

CNY Militaria

I am curious as to value becaue I have 4 or 5 of these plane pieces that came with a vets grouping.