what's a kevlar pot going to cost me?

jgawne

OK, so I don't do modern stuff - well starting to anyway.

I wondered what's ball park for reasonable Kevlar helmets these days (and I know, you'll ask what model, what year, etc.- well, I don't know yet.

OK, so I don't do modern stuff - well starting to anyway.

I wondered what's ball park for reasonable Kevlar helmets these days (and I know, you'll ask what model, what year, etc.- well, I don't know yet.

If you look around you can get them cheap. A few weeks back I saw a guy selling several of them on the New Jersey Craigslist for $25 each. They all looked to be in good shape with head bands and chinstraps but no covers. His were all the first models from the mid 80's

Now, if you want to try to score a newer light weight pot expect to pay closer to $100

316th FS 324th FG

My experience has been around 45-55 shipped on the low end. If I'd seen the NJ ones for $25, i'd have jumped on a couple. Craigslist is definitely the cheapest way to find one if you are patient.

316th FS 324th FG
craigslist? never thought of that.

One qualifier, flea markets and yard sales are probably cheaper. There are folks on CL selling their k pots for $90 and they seem to ever sell.

craigslist? never thought of that.

DAMN! Did I give away my favorite fishing hole???

Craigslist is a good place for a lot of stuff. I got some WW2 ribbon bars and a few helmets. The problem is they are either real cheap (and go fast) or very expensive (and never sell). They usually are from recent vets so that may be of some benefit to those that like to collect the newer stuff.