101st Armored Cavalry Regiment

Jim Baker

Remember that during the war this unit was designated 101st CAVALRY GROUP. Hard to say when the patch was first worn, but I believe it would have been most likely used during the occupation period.

Nostalgia - Interesting to see the old "Dickey Bird" as we called it. I was a fraudulent enlistment, age 16, in the 101st Armored Cavalry Regt. (Squadron 'A') in New York City in 1954. I THINK we wore this patch on the left front pocket of our utility shirt with an un-numbered Armored Force patch above the U.S.Army strip and the First Army patch on the left shoulder, all in color of course.

No idea if the patch shown was worn as a SSI in WWII.

Bobgee

post-565-1268451101.jpgpost-565-1268451406.jpg Hi Jim,

Thought this might be of interest to you and the rest of the forum. Pretty sure only first worn during Occupation period. Have some basic variations of various borders and different shaped "Dickie" birds.In one recent post some one commented how rare theater made of the 101st cav are so I thought that I would show some from my collection. Hope you enjoy. Mort attachment=249337:101st_cav_2.jpg

Have another that maybe a "one of a kind" of the 101st Cav. This is larger than the rest of the examples, almost jacket size. Mortpost-565-1268452138.jpg

• 7 years later...