My Weapons Carrier & Pack Howitzer

Getting ready for the 4th of July parade tomorrow, and I thought I'd share a few pics with you guys. I've owned the 1943 WC-52 for quite a few years, but this is the new companion piece to go with it. A 1942 M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer. I just got her finished tonight just in time for the parade.

MVC_146S.JPG

MVC_147S.JPG

MVC_148S.JPG

MVC_149S.JPG

I'm pretty sure the howitzer used to belong to the USMC. It's supposed to have wooden wheels, hence the M1A1 designation. The rubber tires make it the M8. For street use, I put on the rubber tires. I can just as easily replace them with the correct wooden wheels.

I painted it Army OD for now. It was in USMC forest green, but was in pretty sad shape, so I had it sand blasted. It needed it.

It took me about 1 1/2 years to restore it. Parts can't be found at the local auto parts store. It is registered as a live gun, although I have no intention to fire it.

Charlie Flick

A very cool rig, Robin. Congratulations on getting it all put together so well.

I had the chance to look over a live Pack Howitzer a couple of weeks ago. It was at Fort Monroe near Norfolk, VA, which is still an active Army post. Near the flagpole on the upper parapet of the Fort I found a 75 MM gun. It evidently was used by the post for saluting/ceremonial purposes. I opened up the breech and fooled around with it as long as I thought I could before getting arrested. They are neat pieces, and sized right for every man's garage too!

Charlie

craig johnson

Picture I picked up a few weeks ago. Official Marine Corp photo. Probably not printed in WW11 ,but older.

169930672-M.jpg

Craig