WWII Navy first aid kit

son of desertrat

son of desertrat

I bought this for $30 several years ago with every thing in it.Did i do good for $30? Can someone give me some history on this peice like were it was(on a ship/vehical) or any other informatal information about this peice. The pills are still there. ALL Bandeges dated 1943

Thanks

Keenan

post-7302-1268004290.jpg

post-7302-1268004338.jpg

post-7302-1268004443.jpg

Could be from a ship or a shore station. Hangs on a wall, I mean bulkhead, by the tabs on the back. The Meclinzine packets are from the 50's or 60's.

• 2 weeks later...

That is actually a Korean War era Life Raft First Aid Kit. The original lettering has been painted over. I think its missing a couple items. They originally had Dramamine tablets rather then the Meclizine tablets in yours. Just from memory they had a couple boxes of Petrolatum, Triangular bandages, The gauze rolls, A couple boxes of Dramamine. One or two other items I don't recall

I heard these were also for use in WWII USN Submarines

here's one I found at a swap meet for $5

the medical supplies inside have a March 18 1924 patent date , so I would guess used during WWII

post-1885-1268976126.jpg

post-1885-1268976136.jpg

I heard these were also for use in WWII USN Submarines

here's one I found at a swap meet for $5

the medical supplies inside have a March 18 1924 patent date , so I would guess used during WWII

As far as I can see none of Bolo's contents are correct for this kit. The contents are all out of a pre WW2 probably commercial first aid kits. I have seen a few of the metal cases with their original shipping boxes which had Korean War era part numbers. Also somewhere I have an early 50's USN manual that has an illustration of this kit. There may be a possibility the kits were used late WW2. I really doubt it thought.