Another brand new WWI M1916 Holster

Fausto

Hello!

Just wondering about this brand new WWI M1916 Boyt Holster. You can see all details on eBay "WWI WWII 1911 COLT HOLSTER US ARMY USMC EXC...". This is the same dealer who sold less than a month ago a McMonies holster for more than $ 2,000.00. What I'm wondering about is the closing stud. According to the dealer's statement the holster is so new that the Boyt didn't fit it, leaving the stud in the flap hole, ready to be installed. As far as you know was this an habit of the Boyt in WWI? My 1942 and 1944 Boyt holsters were completely finished when I took them from the sealed wrappings, with the stud well fitted in its place. Whay do you think about?

Fausto

post-8381-1267864474.jpg

Yes,as told, verdigris caked below the stud will break leather or sometimes unstitch the leather circular pad. In the pic my scarce WWI era P.C. CO. shows the same issue. I took off a candy of verdigris 4 mm thick.

BTW that Mc Monies sold 230$ the 2,000 and more bucks was simply an ebay error. Is not so strange to find mint WWI era M1916s, most of them come from Russia or Ukraina. Really idiot the tale Boyt didn't install the stud, the only chance of true is if it would be a "reject" as my Craighead without hook.

post-67-1267911677.jpg

Arturo, that's interesting... And BTW how did you discover that the $ 2.000 McMonies was an eBay error? I'm very interested in this history...Now we will see the bids on this Boyt...

Fausto

Few days after it appeared here, I clicked again on the link in the forum post and I saw the uptodated e bay page of the completed auction stating higher bidder at 230$ (about).