Vietnam War USN PBR 31 MK 2 for sale on eBay

gwb123

Here is something you do not see every day.... I stumbled on this one by accident when researching PBR items on eBay... yours for a mere $18,000...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...EWAX%3AIT#v4-33

From the item description:

"This is the same type of legendary patrol boat that was featured in the Hollywood film Apocalypse Now! These boats are ultra rare and hard to find because most of them were left behind in South Vietnam after the war. Now is your chance to own a unique part of naval history! The auction includes one (1) partial 14YJ Jacuzzi Water Jet Pump, restored Mk-56 gun tub for the bow, restored Mk-26 naval gun mount for the stern, three (3) Airsoft M2HB Machine Guns, a Pathfinder Radar set, correct military paint, and many other small parts. The boat is un-restored and being sold “as is” with no engines, but the hull is in excellent condition requiring only minor fiberglass repairs and painting.

Hull Number: 31RP7331

If you are interested in bidding on this classic naval vessel, please contact us for a complete list of items included with the boat, and the major parts necessary to complete the restoration. "

This looks like the perfect spring project for somebody! All it takes is time and money!

PBR_4_Sale.jpg

PBR_4_Sale_2.jpg

PBR_4_Sale_3.jpg

PBR_4_Sale_4.jpg

Shameless bump.... who ever heard of 50. Cal Airsoft guns? What the heck do they fire? Even an airsoft round at that size could do some damage I would think!

Shameless bump.... who ever heard of 50. Cal Airsoft guns? What the heck do they fire? Even an airsoft round at that size could do some damage I would think!

Hahaha. I thought the same thing Gil when I first saw it. Really I just thought about an airsoft M2 and why anyone would want one. If it is airsoft then it would still shoot the same small ball that all the other one's shoot I would think. :think:

Misanthropic_Gods

EBAY,FOR ALL YOUR RIVERBOAT NEEDS!

Now if we just head up the Mekong and find us a nice little abandoned temple we can set up shop eh?

RANDALL 1953

Need a airsoft minigun? Yours for only $3,500.00post-2427-1268084915.jpg :think:

• 3 months later...

I would love taking a ride in one of those around the lake, I would restore it exactly like the one used in APOCOLAPSE NOW and also add a siren like the one they had.

• 1 month later...

They are not as rare as you think they were in the Navy inventory till 1995 I was with Special Boat Unit XI we were out of Mare Island.They are now called Special Boat Teams with better boat's and mini guns instead of the twin 50's.We had about 15,and special boat unit 22 and Panama had them don't know how many were in there inventory but you know all them went on the auction block.

sbuDN-ST-97-00278.jpg

What we use to call doing a 180 they could turn on a dime.