MAAG (Military Assistance Advisory Group) Patches

khaki1941

MilitaryPicker1941

I’d say both pieces. Also looks like a partial “JAPAN” sticker is still attached to the back of the patch

BIG "THANKYOU" to all who have kept this thread going!

Some great items have been posted here over the years.

Thanks again!

Howard

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't see this MAAG related tab which I have already attached photographs of in another thread (see link) which also shows a photo of it being worn in Post # 517. The tab has something to do with the Kinmen Islands claimed by both Communist China and Taiwan (see link).

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/101808-patch-tabs/page-21

https://www.psywar.org/kinmen.php

post-1389-0-05811600-1576875312_thumb.jpg

post-1389-0-85897700-1576875339.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another KINMEN Tab in Action. has to be post 1963-64 cause GI is wearing the new Soft Cap rather then the Ridgway Cap (Photo from member seanmc1114)

post-1761-0-26594400-1527010508.jpg

Here's another KINMEN Tab in Action. has to be post 1963-64 cause GI is wearing the new Soft Cap rather then the Ridgway Cap (Photo from member seanmc1114)

post-1761-0-26594400-1527010508.jpg

The holes in the circular object to the left has got to be this loud speaker on Kinmen Island which I found a picture (attached) of in the previous link with the caption, " Loudspeakers situated on Kinmen broadcast messages to the Communist Chinese. This one was shot up by return shell fire."

post-1389-0-93992500-1577606111_thumb.jpg

The holes in the circular object to the left has got to be this loud speaker on Kinmen Island which I found a picture (attached) of in the previous link with the caption, " Loudspeakers situated on Kinmen broadcast messages to the Communist Chinese. This one was shot up by return shell fire."

Great follow up, here's the page

https://www.psywar.org/kinmen.php

• 8 months later...

Here's a Subdued Taiwan MAAG patch I just found, we presume it's Taiwanese, officers name is Herbert Dobbs, and that this coat was worn by him some time in the early 70s as he shows a a Major in the Active O Register for 1 Jan 69.

vietnam-original-.jpg

vietnam-originalb.jpg

vietnam-originals.jpg

3 hours ago, patches said:

Here's a Subdued Taiwan MAAG patch I just found, we presume it's Taiwanese, officers name is Herbert Dobbs, and that this coat was worn by him some time in the early 70s as he shows a a Major in the Active O Register for 1 Jan 69.

vietnam-original-.jpg

vietnam-originalb.jpg

vietnam-originals.jpg

Here.s a nice close of it, machine embroidered, on sateen it looks

tvietnam-origial-.jpg

A couple of USMTM Saudi Arabia patches have already been posted, but I though I might post this set that came together complete with a pocket badge and an ID card for combined club access. Card is plastic similar to a credit card.

DSC04198.JPG

4 hours ago, Siamundo said:

That's a great looking jacket patches!

I just noticed his ORD BOS is directly embroidered, while his rank, Lt Col is the cloth patch, we can guess he was forced to use the cloth one when he was promoted, and that his Major leaf was directly embroidered.