Korea 1952

froglady2010

froglady2010

Can someone translate this for me?

WOJG William J Swearingen ..... MOS 2123CMS 22 31st Inf APO 7 WP Camp Drake Repl Depot 8042d AU, APO 613 o/a 16 Feb 52 to await further trans to ZI for 30 days emerg lv at Many, La. Pers records, MPR, allied papers and 2 copies immunization register will accompany Off. Upon complettion lv Off will rtn to proper sta. All tvl time to and fr o/s and ZI POE will be in dy status as DS. Bag will be limited to 65 lbs while tvl by mil acft. APR fr Korea to Japan is 1C. GRANITE MOUNTAIN TOP URGENT. TDW. TBGAA. TBMAA. Tvl by RW auth. Auth: EUASK msg 14943 KAG-PO, 15 Feb. 52, and DA msg 303949, 14 Feb 52

Can someone translate this for me?

WOJG William J Swearingen ..... MOS 2123CMS 22 31st Inf APO 7 WP Camp Drake Repl Depot 8042d AU, APO 613 o/a 16 Feb 52 to await further trans to ZI for 30 days emerg lv at Many, La. Pers records, MPR, allied papers and 2 copies immunization register will accompany Off. Upon complettion lv Off will rtn to proper sta. All tvl time to and fr o/s and ZI POE will be in dy status as DS. Bag will be limited to 65 lbs while tvl by mil acft. APR fr Korea to Japan is 1C. GRANITE MOUNTAIN TOP URGENT. TDW. TBGAA. TBMAA. Tvl by RW auth. Auth: EUASK msg 14943 KAG-PO, 15 Feb. 52, and DA msg 303949, 14 Feb 52

Name: William J. Swearingen

Military Occupation Specialty: MOS 2123 (Unit Administrator)

CMS 22 (Speculation on my part----Chief Maintenence Section 22)

Unit Assigned 31st Infantry

Address: Army Post Office Number 7 APO 7

WP is Will proceed to Camp Drake Replacement Depot which is the 8042nd AU Army Post Office number 613 o/a (On or About) 16 Feb 1952 to await further transportation to ZI (Zone of Interior - this is Stateside) for 30 days emergency leave at Many, La.

Personal records, MPR (Military Personal Records), allied papers and 2 copies immunization register will accompany Officer. Upon completion of leave officer will return to proper station. All travel time to and from overseas and Zone of Interior Port Of Embarcation will be in duty status. Bagage will be limited to 65 pounds while traveling by military aircraft. Aproval from Korea to Japan is 1C (priority code for getting on the plane)

Granite Mountain

Top Urgent = piroity code for this message

Next three groups are routing designators

Travel by RW (Railway?) authorized

Authority: two messages identified by where they are from and their dates.

Your father was notified by the DA message referenced above of a family emergency. Today the Red Cross notifies the Army and starts this series to get the soldier home. This usually means a serious injury or death of a parent or spouse. For soldiers overseas the army assigns a high priority code to this person to get them back to the states. He is in duty status until he gets to the states. His leave starts when he gets to the states. The personal records referenced above are taken in case he has to be reassigned near his family. Shot records act as a passport getting through foreign countries. You are traveling on military orders but shots must be current to enter foreign countries.

Hope this helps.

Yes I do know how to spell Warrant. An old joke I use to do came through without me thinking. You always remember that one soldier above you that was a royal pain in the _____. The First Sergeant at my first assignment became a Warrant Officer. I was working for him a couple of years later. He was also a civilian employee at my final duty station. He was that hard one that nothing you did was ever done right. He would let you know this in his own colorful way. I found out he had done three tours in Vietnan and thus came my joke of spelling his rank. "Warent" Stands for "WAR ENTITLES". It wasn't until the ending of my career that we sat in a bar one evening and he had had one more drink than needed that he told me of an early mistake that he felt cost some of our soldiers their lives. That conversation put everything into focus. Everyone knows how your parents get so much smarter as you get older. The man taught me a lot and made me a better soldier. I think I will continue spelling it Warent.