U.S. Uniforms with Fourragère

Ricardo

:w00t:

Great uniforms belleauwood! Nat' grouping are just awesome! :thumbsup:

I love the ww1 silk fourragere, hard to find item, even in France

thanks for have share them

Thierry

Awesome uniforms guys, I guess I will have to get busy with my camera this weekend. Thanks to all for sharing photos of your uniforms.

Regards,

John

Awesome uniforms guys, I guess I will have to get busy with my camera this weekend. Thanks to all for sharing photos of your uniforms.

Regards,

John

I'm impatient to see yours John :w00t:

Cheers

Thierry

The 10th Infantry Regiment 5th ID was awarded the French Fourragere. I wore it while I was stationed with the 3rd Bn from 81-83

John

Thats a nice one.havent seen a cord on a 90th before.THanks for posting

RON

Ron

Neither had I until I got the group from a seller a couple of years ago.

Regards,

John

• 1 year later...

Hello!!!

I have this medal: a Croix de Guerre with Fourragere.

p1000789m.jpg

On Hanford McNiders WW1 uniform are a Croix de guerre with 3 palms and a fourragere, Is possible he receive this medal with cord and 3 palms (All on the full medal to wear on parade dress uniform)? Or he receive the medal with palms and appart the shoulder cord??

I don't know if I explain me well.

Regards

Hi there,

you only can receive the CdG with stars (gold, silver, bonze) or palm - according to the day record of the, regiment, brigade, division, army corps or Army.

The fourragère is an Unit decoration, every member wears ist.

In France there are regulation that a person who took part at the battles these CdG were won, they may wear this fourragére also after leaving thsi unit. this is calles "Fourragère a titre individuell" or "Fourragère a titre personnel"

Well, these mini fourragère are "non- reglementaire", they are worn by veterans on there civil veteran´s tenue.

Michael

post-3422-1295647718.jpg

high Grade "officer quality" WW1 Fourragere in Silk

Hi,

in France - I do not know the US variations - this is not "officer qualitiy", this is simply a non-reglementaire fourragère.

silk fourragères with this extra thin cord and pipes (french: ferret), as this shown in the picture were worn very often by soldiers but not homolgue to the regulations.

They are called "fourragère fantaisie".

Fourragères are made of wool an the regulaire ones do not have the second color pointed, it is lined.

Michael

Here is one from my collection with two Fourragère, one French on Belgian.

Does ETO ribbon on this coat have an invasion arrow?

Thanks

Ryan

• 11 months later...
439th Signal Battalion

attachicon.gifHPIM4524.JPG

Here's a 9th and 12th AF Ike with 64th Fighter Wing DI's. If you notice the shoulder patches are outlined with green zig-zag material and the collar brass is Signal Corps. although i cant ID this one, I would say the original owner was in the 439th Signal Construction Battalion. The EAME ribbon on this one has 6 bronze stars on it, and the owner at some point changed the epaulet and cuff buttons over to brass ones off of a 4 pocket jacket. Its really kind of cool..

What type of Fourragere is on this jacket?

My grandfather served 39 months in Company B of the 439th Signal Battalion but there is no Fourragere on his nor I have I seen this mentioned anywhere in the Battalion history.

"What type of Fourragere is on this jacket?"

My grandfather served 39 months in Company B of the 439th Signal Battalion but there is no Fourragere on his nor I have I seen this mentioned anywhere in the Battalion history.

This is the Belgian Fourragere.

post-34986-0-92372900-1382465122.jpg

439th Signal Battalion

"What type of Fourragere is on this jacket?"

This is the Belgian Fourragere.

attachicon.gifphpaTS3xqAM.jpg

Thank you sir!

I got a question, were any Army Air Corps flying units awarded the ropes, either French or Belgian? These would obviously be units on the continent post D-Day.

• 3 weeks later...
AAF_Collection

Hi Patches,

In answer to your question, yes, all units of XXIX Tactical Air Command received the Belgium Fourragere including the flying units, however due to the date of the award many of those entitled to wear it would have been out of uniform by the time the order was issued, as I suspect was the case with your grandfather.

Those examples of Ninth Air Force uniforms with the fourragere were probably worn into the occupation period. Here is an example of the Citation for the Fourragere from my collection.

XXIXTACFourragereCitation353.jpg

Regards,

Matt.