Unknown (helmet) patch

Antoon

I can't say for sure, but the emblems on the patch are symbols utilized by the 101st Airborne. Could be some sort of 101st Airborne ACU ACH patch.

Arch

Patchhouse2

This is a modern (recent) helmet patch for a unit of the 101st Airborne Division. I do not have the actual designation of the unit available.

These are fun to collect. Some are tough to get as they are limited runs. A few are made in country, most through vendors near Fort Campbell. Use first stated in Operation Desert Shield / Storm.

Several units other than the 101st are using their SSI as a helmet patch versus something like this.

• 3 weeks later...

This helmet patch is for the 326th Engineer BN, 101st Airborne Div. I've seen another version of this patch with a red Torii gate. I'm not sure if the red version is a variation or even a prototype. Hope this helps.

-Senator57

CORRECTION: The Institute of Heraldry has this week posted info on the SSI of 101st Sustainment Brigade, which was organized from the old Division Support Command (DISCOM) of the 101st Div, which indicates that the posted helmet patch s for the 101st Sustainment Brigade.

NOTE: The TIOH explanation for the use of the helmet markings of the Inf Regts present in the Division is INCORRECT. It would have us believe that the 187th was part of the 101st Abn Div in WWII.

Thanks for the info. I saw the new 101st Sustainment Bde on the TIOH website. However, there is a helmet patch for the 101st Sustainment Bde that uses the same star emblem as on the new Bde patch.

-Senator57

post-2023-1269121288.jpg