USAF CWU 8/P Parka dated 1974

oddmod

Sorry, too tired to take a picture right now... but I picked one of these up earlier today (CWU-8/P parka DSA 1974, size L).

Essentially it looks like an N-3b parka without the fur trimmed hood, but with strange Velcro face flaps (sort of like that scene from Predator 2)...

I'd never noticed these before, are they fairly common, or a more unusual item ?

I will post a pic in a day or two.

Thanks,

JC

Sorry, too tired to take a picture right now... but I picked one of these up earlier today (CWU-8/P parka DSA 1974, size L).

Essentially it looks like an N-3b parka without the fur trimmed hood, but with strange Velcro face flaps (sort of like that scene from Predator 2)...

I'd never noticed these before, are they fairly common, or a more unusual item ?

I will post a pic in a day or two.

Thanks,

JC

I find a lot of N-3B's, but never one of these:

cwu8.jpg

cwu82.jpg

I find a lot of N-3B's, but never one of these:

post-214-1267421167.jpg

post-214-1267421204.jpg

Yeah Bob, that is one. These actually seem to me to be an improvement on the N-3b... no wonder it was never widely adopted.

JC

post-5673-1267642451.jpg

post-5673-1267642469.jpg

• 9 years later...

Found one a few weeks ago...I had to let it get some air for a bit. it had a very musty odor to it...anyway...the CWU-8 doesn't appear to be as thick as the N-3B...and I like the fact that it doesn't have the heavy fur hood...it makes a great intermediate coat, without all the bulk