USAF BMTS

DutchInfid3l

I have shirts in another topic here, but let's see what everyone has for various other items pertaining to basic training. Can be anything.

I'll start ;)

patches001.jpg

patches002.jpg

patches003.jpg

Bmrh3-gWkKGrHqYH-EEtsPoFF-iBLgcTyQl.jpg

One of my favorite coins... pretty big at 2 inches across.

003-9.jpg

002-7.jpg

004-10.jpg

005-10.jpg

006-10.jpg

ATC.jpg

and my basic training guidons.

militaria001.jpg

militaria002-1.jpg

militariaforum008.jpg

I have a 3706 BMTS Giudon in like new condition that I bought at a fleamarket about 10 years ago in Stanton, Texas for $10. Wish I could find one for 3709 which was my Basic Squadron way back in 1966.

Neat stuff.... thanks for showing! :thumbsup:

Steindaddie

I still have my Basic Training T-shirt from April 1978. Funny thing is, it seems to have shrunk a bit... :think:

post-1949-1267556468.jpg

DutchInfid3l

Keep 'em coming!

Here's another patch I have though I think it's a goof, since it has 302 TRS. The back is pretty rough, looks like hot glue or something holding all the loose thread showing.

patches002-1.jpg

and here's one from Kellac.com that has 320 TRS

320TRS_large.jpg

I have a 3706 BMTS Giudon in like new condition that I bought at a fleamarket about 10 years ago in Stanton, Texas for $10. Wish I could find one for 3709 which was my Basic Squadron way back in 1966.

My bad... I have a guidon for 3704 BMTS, NOT 3706. Just wanted to set the record straight. :pinch:

• 4 months later...

Great thread! I was in the 3711th BMTS and have both variations of the patch. When I arrived on 23 November 1977 (Flt 567), the 3711th was the Air Force's first integrated Basic Training Squadron having woman on one side of the squadron and us on the other.

I should probably do a list of the training patches I have to sell. Several are shown here and it is the 320 and not the 302 BMTS, I believe. So, should I spend a little time to show these off? There are some from at least 3 different series or types of patches worn at Lackland. Some are really cool. Some of the earlier designs are a little less detailed than the more recent ones I have. Of course, I do not have the ones worn now or perhaps even the ones previously.

TEXCEN (Emil)

• 10 months later...

I was in the 3709th when I went to Basic in October 1980...good times....gooood.....I can't go through with it.......

Mark sends

• 2 weeks later...

So far, everything displayed here except for the 3281st Guidon is from Lackland, The 3281st was assigned to Parks AFB. Ca does any one have any of the BMTS Insignia from Parks, Sampson AFB, NY or Amarillo AFB, Texas.

Terry L Horstead

• 11 months later...