Sgt. John Moore Lomison

IMPERIAL QUEST

IMPERIAL QUEST

A fabulous grouping from a patriot who served on the Mexican Border, WW I, and was a Police officer for 33 years.

We brirfly discussed this in another thread about medal bars, but I wanted Sgt. Lomison to have his own... ;)

Some career/service highlights:

Purple Heart Medal # 65295 (w/OLC)

Mexican Border Service Medal # 39685

Victory Medal (4 Clasps) Champagne-Marne, Aisne-Marne, Chateau-Thierry (Unofficial) , Oise-Aisne, Defensive Sector

Served with 12th. US Cavalry, Navahoe Indian uprising and Mexican Border Service in 1916

28th. Division, C Company, 109th Infantry

Wounded in action July 30 & September 7, 1918

Sgt. Lomison was very patriotic, and obviously loved to serve. In 1942, he registered for the draft at the age of 50. At the time, he was a police officer.

I am currently attempting to resize an old photo I found on the internet that shows Sgt. Lomison in a group shot of the police force he was a member of. When I finish it, I will post it to this thread. Thanks for looking all.

IMPERIAL QUEST

I cannot manipulate this photo as the resolution is lost when I enlarge. I hope to obtain a better photo from the department soon. For now, here is Sgt. Lomison as identified by the arrow. Thanks for looking everyone.

Wow that's a very nice grouping! And also nice photographs that you took, good job!

I really love complete groups like this, keep up the good work!

Wow that's a very nice grouping! And also nice photographs that you took, good job!

I really love complete groups like this, keep up the good work!

GREAT PICS!!!!! Thanks for posting!

Semper Fi!.....Bob

Steven,

This is really a great grouping. I love seeing these, and your photos and presentation are superior.

Thanks for sharing this. thumbsup.gif

IMPERIAL QUEST
Steven,

This is really a great grouping. I love seeing these, and your photos and presentation are superior.

Thanks for sharing this. thumbsup.gif

Thank you Jim. I am very happy to share this treasure with you all.

• 10 months later...
Angled view

Steven,

I REALLY like this photo. You should get some black velvet to lay underneath the medals and take a shot from the same angle. It's sort of somber.

Raidercollector

Steven

Yes you have out did your self on this group. Very nice photo work. And a very nice group you have . I would'nt mine having that group myself. I was drooling on my key boards.looking at this. Can,t wait to see more photos.Hows the research coming?

Nick

IMPERIAL QUEST
Steven

Yes you have out did your self on this group. Very nice photo work. And a very nice group you have . I would'nt mine having that group myself. I was drooling on my key boards.looking at this. Can,t wait to see more photos.Hows the research coming?

Nick

Hi Nick,

Basically, the research is complete as I don't know what else I could dig up that I don't already have. This grouping came with a mountain of research, most officialy stamped and signed by the State Archives of his residence . There is even information on the two foreign commerative medals. I contacted the Police Department where Lomison worked out of months ago to see if there were any publications or file photos relating to him, although I have not heard anything (and frankly do not expect to at this point). One thing I wasn't aware of is the value of the Chateau Thierry Medal...I have seen two of these sell singly over the past year for well over $500.00. w00t.gif

Any items or docs in particular you would like photos of?

Raidercollector
Hi Nick,

Basically, the research is complete as I don't know what else I could dig up that I don't already have. This grouping came with a mountain of research, most officialy stamped and signed by the State Archives of his residence . There is even information on the two foreign commerative medals. I contacted the Police Department where Lomison worked out of months ago to see if there were any publications or file photos relating to him, although I have not heard anything (and frankly do not expect to at this point). One thing I wasn't aware of is the value of the Chateau Thierry Medal...I have seen two of these sell singly over the past year for well over $500.00. w00t.gif

Any items or docs in particular you would like photos of?

Steven

Do you have the PH s&H Box? Also do you know where he was wounded. ? Maybe he was at the same place as my 2 guys in the 4th?

Nick

IMPERIAL QUEST
Steven

Do you have the PH s&H Box? Also do you know where he was wounded. ? Maybe he was at the same place as my 2 guys in the 4th?

Nick

Nick,

The VM is the only one with the outer shipping carton, the PH and MBS have the sctual award boxes only. I will look tonight for the area that he was wounded in, I can't remember off hand. That would be something if he was wounded near your two 4th groups... w00t.gif

Raidercollector
Nick,

The VM is the only one with the outer shipping carton, the PH and MBS have the sctual award boxes only. I will look tonight for the area that he was wounded in, I can't remember off hand. That would be something if he was wounded near your two 4th groups... w00t.gif

The Dates are with in weeks

Nick

IMPERIAL QUEST

Hi Nick. He was wounded twice, once on July 30 and then again on September 7, 1918.

From what I can tell, his first wound was received in the advance to cross the Oureq River in the vacinity of Hill 212, Champagne Marne Defensive. The second wound was received during the Oise-Aisne Offensive Campaign.