The PAcific Miniseries repro field gear?

THAT GUY

Looks GREAT Martyn! I was hoping that The Propstore might sell some helmets/liners on their own, but nothing as yet...

I can't help thinking that the Hawleys they had made, look a little bit like the Dutch liners you see in rear seem shells but with added fabric and a rayon web kit. I don't mean that in a degrading way at all, I think they look super!

post-5339-1271159355.jpg

Is it just me and my eye sight?

Will

Hi Will

I'll catch up with you in the Summer and you can have a good look :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn :)

Hi

Corps ,

I wasnt being mean old bean I just seen a lot and posted while it was fresh in my mind otherwise it would have been lost in the sands of time !!!!!!!

C

There were many different types of helmets .

Real ones , metal shells WW2 liners fixed bail .

Vietnam era ,repainted.

Plastic fake , with great paint jobs .

Downright horrible Dutch jobs ,nasty liners.

There was some great bullet holes painted in some .

Millions of great helmet covers some with great weathering .

The 782 will be at Pomona show in force to complement the uniforms.

Lots of Japanese helmets both metal and plastic.

owen

Corpsmancollector
Hi

Corps ,

I wasnt being mean old bean I just seen a lot and posted while it was fresh in my mind otherwise it would have been lost in the sands of time !!!!!!!

C

There were many different types of helmets .

Real ones , metal shells WW2 liners fixed bail .

Vietnam era ,repainted.

Plastic fake , with great paint jobs .

Downright horrible Dutch jobs ,nasty liners.

There was some great bullet holes painted in some .

Millions of great helmet covers some with great weathering .

The 782 will be at Pomona show in force to complement the uniforms.

Lots of Japanese helmets both metal and plastic.

owen

I'm only kidding Owen, that and jealous! Haha you Irish seem to have all the luck ;)

Sounds like you and Bob had a dream day. It's must have been amazing to see such a variety of gear in numerous states, used for filming. A real insight into film production I'd imagine.

I'm really eager to get my Basilone jacket now!

Will

vintageproductions

There was great stuff there. Just in the "star" section alone we handled some of Basilone's uniforms, Chesty Pullers, Lecke ( I am sure I misspelled that), JP Morgan's, Sledge's, Stone's, SNAFU, etc. Was definately an experience

This was all filmed of us going through these pieces so let's hope it will air one day and you can all see it.

ClaptonIsGod

Could someone keep out an eye for me at the show for perhaps if they're selling loose repro Rayon sweatbands? Oddly enough my set didn't have one. Thanks.

Corpsmancollector
Could someone keep out an eye for me at the show for perhaps if they're selling loose repro Rayon sweatbands? Oddly enough my set didn't have one. Thanks.

Hey Clapton,

Check eBay and keep checking. I picked up a rayon sweatband for one of my Westinghouse liners on eBay a few weeks back, it was about $30 and original. I don't know if there's any other out there but it's definitely worth looking! Additionally, you could put a 'regular' sweatband in there as it was done often with Hawleys and low pressure liners. J Murray do a nice repro 'double wire' band.

Will

Corpsmancollector
Okay, which of our West Coast friends is going and willing to take orders for his East Coast buds? ;)

And those from across the pond!

I'll give money up front and pay labour ;)

ClaptonIsGod
Hey Clapton,

Check eBay and keep checking. I picked up a rayon sweatband for one of my Westinghouse liners on eBay a few weeks back, it was about $30 and original. I don't know if there's any other out there but it's definitely worth looking! Additionally, you could put a 'regular' sweatband in there as it was done often with Hawleys and low pressure liners. J Murray do a nice repro 'double wire' band.

Will

Hi Will,

I realize I could put a normal sweatband or a real one in, I plan on getting a real one to go with my eventual Hawley if it doesn't have one... :naughty: . Just want to get one that was used on set so the helmet set is made 100% of screen used items :thumbsup:

Corpsmancollector
Hi Will,

I realize I could put a normal sweatband or a real one in, I plan on getting a real one to go with my eventual Hawley if it doesn't have one... :naughty: . Just want to get one that was used on set so the helmet set is made 100% of screen used items :thumbsup:

Sounds good Clapton, hopefully there will be some for sale! :thumbsup:

vintageproductions

We were told today that we need to go back and do some more filming of us in the CONEX container of uniforms.

I will ask more questions then as to how they are going to sell the items. I am under the impression that they are going to make sets of like stuff.

As I get more info I will post it.

ClaptonIsGod
We were told today that we need to go back and do some more filming of us in the CONEX container of uniforms.

I will ask more questions then as to how they are going to sell the items. I am under the impression that they are going to make sets of like stuff.

As I get more info I will post it.

Want to check for a loose Rayon type sweatband? :)

vintageproductions

There will not be any of the helmet props, as that is an item they can use for other productions. The items they are selling are items, they don't think they can use on other productions.

Corpsmancollector
We are seeing for the most part uniforms that will be coming up for sale.

Thanks for the heads-up Bob. You and O enjoy yourselves!

I'd be suprised if the handcarts come up for sale, as this is an item which can be used again for numerous impressions. Since we're discussing them, does anyone know who manufactured the carts and if there are any reproductions for sale?

Anyone know if the jungle hammocks they used were original or reproduction? What I would do to get my hands on a reproduction jungle hammock... I am assuming they probably just used originals.

Who or what company made the Hawley hemet liners and other items. I have seen Martyns (GI COP) Hawley liner and its very well made, love to get my hands on one.

ClaptonIsGod
Who or what company made the Hawley hemet liners and other items. I have seen Martyns (GI COP) Hawley liner and its very well made, love to get my hands on one.

I have one too! :crying: :lol: I don't know who made them, but the Hawleys were made by injecting some kind of foam or resin into a mold. I don't think they are Danish to answer Will. Many of the "helmets" were actually casts made of a fixed bail injected with resin and with bales riveted on, but mine is real. All the non-fiber liners in WWII setup were done by J Murray Inc 1944 along with steel shells. The rest of the liners are postwar.

Corpsmancollector

I don't know who produced them. Interesting method of production though, thanks Clapton! I would like to see some on the market, for the sole reason that I can't afford an original!

ClaptonIsGod
Inside of the liner is marked "Crazy Marine" on a piece of tape !

1270844587.jpg

After just watching that part of tonight's episode, I can't help but wonder if your helmet liner is either the guy with PTSD excused from post duty after "counting Japs" or the guy who wakes up in the middle of the night and won't be quiet, and then is killed to quiet him.

I just seen an inventory list today from the production and seen they made 4 rubber talker helmets .

So that means something in a landing craft must happen!!!!!

A big stunt must be in the coming weeks???

owen

Corpsmancollector
I just seen an inventory list today from the production and seen they made 4 rubber talker helmets .

So that means something in a landing craft must happen!!!!!

A big stunt must be in the coming weeks???

owen

Maybe for ship-board gunners during Iwo or Okinawa perhaps? :think: