The PAcific Miniseries repro field gear?

THAT GUY

ClaptonIsGod

Mdeevl, out of curiosity could you post some pictures of the liner of your helmet? I guess my pot might have been one done by J Murray, but it's rather poor quality as the cloth under the length adjustor came out under minimal touching :crying:

Here are some pictures of the helmet liner I received with the uniform and plastic M1:

Overall inside of liner. It does have th studs for the leather chinstrap:

1270142178.jpg

Name on headband:

1270142217.jpg

Head band adjustment:

1270142238.jpg

Markings in crown of the liner:

1270142253.jpg

Exterior is just OD, with no eyelet.

This cap came with the uniform too . . . I know . . . still needs his eyelash trim :crying:

1270142268.jpg

Thanks for the interest ClaptonIsGod! Any pics of the liner you got?

Doc

ClaptonIsGod
Here are some pictures of the helmet liner I received with the uniform and plastic M1:

Overall inside of liner. It does have th studs for the leather chinstrap:

1270142178.jpg

Name on headband:

1270142217.jpg

Head band adjustment:

1270142238.jpg

Markings in crown of the liner:

1270142253.jpg

Exterior is just OD, with no eyelet.

This cap came with the uniform too . . . I know . . . still needs his eyelash trim :crying:

1270142268.jpg

Thanks for the interest ClaptonIsGod! Any pics of the liner you got?

Doc

I will do so when my camera is charged ;) Your liner appears to be a 50s standard M1 liner.

ClaptonIsGod

As promised, here's the liner and the shell. As you can see shell is a steel pot, Schlueter make but with McCord type rectangular fixed bails. Liner is made of some kind of molded foam or something. It's pretty cool.

Liner

cimg2210.jpg

As one might see it on an extra's head

cimg2211.jpg

Exterior of liner

cimg2212.jpg

Department tag inside shell

cimg2213.jpg

Outside of shell, I was lucky I could get the cover on just like it was. If anyone else has one of these, keep the longer end in the cover and take out the shorter one, it holds the form/shape of the cover on.

cimg2214.jpg

Seam

cimg2215.jpg

ClaptonIsGod

Oh, there is a large garment bag sitting in my closet with the uniform and field gear, just too lazy to get it out and photograph it until I am taking it out for good to put on a mannequin.

There will be an exclusive sale at the next West Coast Historical Show of gear used in the Pacific .

About 200 sets will be on sale from Hero to background and everything in between.

owen

There will be an exclusive sale at the next West Coast Historical Show of gear used in the Pacific .

About 200 sets will be on sale from Hero to background and everything in between.

owen

Shoot-I was hoping it would be online... :thumbdown:

vintageproductions

Yes, at the next Pomona show there is the company Owen mentioned selling the gear set-ups, plus Eastern Costume who is selling the vast majority of the uniforms. They are the ones who sold the bigger named items to the "Prop Store".

For more show info you can go to www.militariashow.com

Yes, at the next Pomona show there is the company Owen mentioned selling the gear set-ups, plus Eastern Costume who is selling the vast majority of the uniforms. They are the ones who sold the bigger named items to the "Prop Store".

For more show info you can go to www.militariashow.com

So, to clarify: does this mean the field gear AND uniforms will be for sale sale, and what is a gear set-up, a complete package? Any word on the rubber rifles being there?

vintageproductions

I am not sure on how the gear is going to be sold yet. I believe it is going to be sold as a complete package of gear. I am sure Owen can shed more light on this.

The uniforms will be sold in sets, that I do know.

Not sure of the rubber rifles yet, again, I think Owen can answer this better as he is in contact with that company.

Here are pictures of my "US Soldier's Distressed Complete Distressed Costume - Garand Style "

The dry and wet mud are simulated with paint, and then chalk was used for additional weathering.

The costume consists of an HBT jacket and pants, torn undershirt, boots, gaiters, M1 Garand belt and USMC suspenders including a foam canteen in a canteen cover and a first aid pouch, a prop plastic helmet with Westinghouse liner (replaced webbing), HBT cap, and a backpack with e-tool and 'shelter half'.

1270844539.jpg

1270844571.jpg

Inside of the liner is marked "Crazy Marine" on a piece of tape !

1270844587.jpg

Here are closeups of the front and back:

1270844652.jpg1270844674.jpg

The e-tool is metal and wood, but is a studio made prop, not, as far as I can tell, a real or repro T-Handle shovel.

1270917425.jpg1270917404.jpg

Here is a real interesting, and yet unexplained detail . . . . On the right shoulder strap of the back-pack is this:

1270844657.jpg

I can not make out what had been above the cross, nor can I guess why it is there at all !!! Hmmmm???? Any Ideas? Sorry about the fuzzy pic :unsure:

I also have a and "US Soldier's Non-Distressed Complete Costume - BAR Style" which I'll post next.

Thanks for lookin',

mdeevl

I wonder how long these will stay in the livingroom before being evicted to basement! :lol:

Here is the "US Soldier's Non-Distressed Complete Costume - BAR Style".

This costume consists of an HBT jacket and pants, undershirt, boots, gaiters, BAR ammo belt and USMC suspenders, a foam canteen in a canteen cover, first aid pouch, a prop plastic helmet with 1950's (?) liner, HBT cap, and a backpack with rubber prop e-tool.

1270844882.jpg

1270002253.jpg

1270142178.jpg

1270917337.jpg

1270917357.jpg

1270844889.jpg

My wife thinks he looks like Meryl Streep playing soldier. :pinch:

streepmeryl-devil.jpg

Problem solved :lol:

1270844904.jpg

Cheers!

mdeevl

ClaptonIsGod

I think mine would look really good if I get a mannequin for it, I am thinking of getting the same one Propstore used to display them, it's all white, no face and flexible, unless anyone has a better idea that's cheaper? Needs to fit this ridiculously small stuff. Mdeevl, nice stuff, can you post photos of the Garand? Were the canteens cast off a LF& 1918? The one with mine was, but oddly that number was on the face of the canteen, not the bottom. My Garand is cast off Springfield Armory S/N 409 unreadable 15.

ClaptonIsGod
I think mine would look really good if I get a mannequin for it, I am thinking of getting the same one Propstore used to display them, it's all white, no face and flexible, unless anyone has a better idea that's cheaper? Needs to fit this ridiculously small stuff. Mdeevl, nice stuff, can you post photos of the Garand? Were the canteens cast off a LF& 1918? The one with mine was, but oddly that number was on the face of the canteen, not the bottom. My Garand is cast off Springfield Armory S/N 409 unreadable 15.

LF&C*. Also, an anomaly is my canteen cover has lift the dot normal snaps, and my E-tool is rubber.

Sorry to just but in but I have to agree with you on the quality of the Propstore service I've bought Eugene sledge's jacket used in ep7 Sgt Stones cammo jacket ep4 Lt Labecs full uniform and poncho (even stamped up makers marks and dated 1942) Hoosiers tags Doc Sterns tags and a cap all came with a certificate and came real quick only problem is there a bit pricey but I spose that's movie history for you.

Cheers Rich

Corpsmancollector

Great stuff guys! I like your hawley liner Clapton, looks like it was worth waiting for! I've bough Jon Basilone's jacket and under shirt from the propstore and it's due to arrive this week. I'll post pictures when I can!

Thanks to O and Bob for sharing info about the sale of gear used on the show, it's time like this I wish I lived in CA! :D

Will

Here is the "US Soldier's Non-Distressed Complete Costume - BAR Style".

This costume consists of an HBT jacket and pants, undershirt, boots, gaiters, BAR ammo belt and USMC suspenders, a foam canteen in a canteen cover, first aid pouch, a prop plastic helmet with 1950's (?) liner, HBT cap, and a backpack with rubber prop e-tool.

1270844882.jpg

1270002253.jpg

1270142178.jpg

1270917337.jpg

1270917357.jpg

1270844889.jpg

My wife thinks he looks like Meryl Streep playing soldier. :pinch:

streepmeryl-devil.jpg

Problem solved :lol:

Problem solved indeed! Great photos-thanks for sharing and I wish I had some extra cash so I could get a set...

1270844904.jpg

Cheers!

mdeevl

Hi All

I just got back from spending a full and busy day at the prop house in Hollywood working on something to do with the Uniforms that were used in the show.

Myself and Bob got to play with lots and lots of show items and my brain is hurting from overload!!!!!!

The best bit was to handle all the Hero uniforms which were varied in condition and size .

Even Chestys dress uniform was there and it was a 1954 original officers type.

Having a love of Camouflage I came home with a stunning P1942 camouflage suit in the combat used condition complete with dirt , rips ,helmet cover and a dirty white t-shirt.

All was # 227 and scene marked on the paper tags.

I got to pick out my set and got a real nice one .

It has some nice hand repairs so it must have been used for some close ups or some close background shots.

Having said that We were in a 40 foot long connex full of great stuff all day , a true lovely moment for a military collector!!!!

I will post some shots soon of our day ....................

The uniforms will be for sale during the West Coast Historical Show in a month so get ready to get some stunning items before they disappear into collections for many years.

owen

ClaptonIsGod
Hi All

I just got back from spending a full and busy day at the prop house in Hollywood working on something to do with the Uniforms that were used in the show.

Myself and Bob got to play with lots and lots of show items and my brain is hurting from overload!!!!!!

The best bit was to handle all the Hero uniforms which were varied in condition and size .

Even Chestys dress uniform was there and it was a 1954 original officers type.

Having a love of Camouflage I came home with a stunning P1942 camouflage suit in the combat used condition complete with dirt , rips ,helmet cover and a dirty white t-shirt.

All was # 227 and scene marked on the paper tags.

I got to pick out my set and got a real nice one .

It has some nice hand repairs so it must have been used for some close ups or some close background shots.

Having said that We were in a 40 foot long connex full of great stuff all day , a true lovely moment for a military collector!!!!

I will post some shots soon of our day ....................

The uniforms will be for sale during the West Coast Historical Show in a month so get ready to get some stunning items before they disappear into collections for many years.

owen

Owen, did any of the Hawley type liners you see have a snap in sweatband? Mine never had one/it's just absent. Also, see any of the J. Murray rigged sets? WWII type liners with fresh webbing, real steel fixbale shells.

Corpsmancollector

Owen, now you're just being mean!!! :P Sounds like you guys had A LOT of fun...

Can't wait for the pictures!

I'd love a set of Australian BDs used in part 3, and a Hawley liner wouldn't go a miss!

Do you think that any of the gear will make it to an online sale? Maybe what doesn't get sold at Pomona?

Will

Owen, now you're just being mean!!! :P Sounds like you guys had A LOT of fun...

Can't wait for the pictures!

I'd love a set of Australian BDs used in part 3, and a Hawley liner wouldn't go a miss!

Do you think that any of the gear will make it to an online sale? Maybe what doesn't get sold at Pomona?

Will

Hi Will

Here is the Hawley liner I picked up with Lt. Lebec’s uniform from Propstore London

HAWLEYREPRO1.jpg

HAWLEYREPRO2.jpg

HAWLEYREPRO3.jpg

Cheers

Martyn

Corpsmancollector
Hi Will

Here is the Hawley liner I picked up with Lt. Lebec’s uniform from Propstore London

HAWLEYREPRO1.jpg

HAWLEYREPRO2.jpg

HAWLEYREPRO3.jpg

Cheers

Martyn

Looks GREAT Martyn! I was hoping that The Propstore might sell some helmets/liners on their own, but nothing as yet...

I can't help thinking that the Hawleys they had made, look a little bit like the Dutch liners you see in rear seem shells but with added fabric and a rayon web kit. I don't mean that in a degrading way at all, I think they look super!

post-5339-1271159355.jpg

Is it just me and my eye sight?

Will